All Topics / Help Needed! / Tax effective investment books

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of aaabbbcccaaabbbccc
    Participant
    @aaabbbccc

Hi everyone,

I am hoping to get some books regarding tax effective investment strategies within the Australian tax system. Hopefully books that cover the spectrum of investment opportunities such as property, shares, small business ownership etc. Also books that simplify the SMSF regulations and super investment strategies would be interesting.

Also I am only 23, should I be looking to make my investments in my name using my after-tax salary dollars, or through a vehicle such as a SMSF or business/company of which I am a trustee?

If anyone knows of any good reads, please reply here.

Cheers,

Profile photo of ediot123ediot123
    Participant
    @ediot123

The one I have and reading through for the second time now is one most of you may be aware of.

"How to legally reduce your tax" by Tony Melvin and Ed Chan

Profile photo of FinSpecFinSpec
    @finspec

Tony and Ed are good guys, and they know their stuff.  Probably is one of the better books on the market at the moment.

Regarding your questions, I'd seek some proper advice – could you probably engage someone for about an hour or so and suck enough information from their brain to get you heading in the right direction.  It might cost money, but it would be money well spent.

FS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.