All Topics / Help Needed! / Property Investment Courses

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of ediot123ediot123
    Participant
    @ediot123

Hi all,

I am not sure whether I have posted this in the right section. Mods feel free to move this post to another area if needed. I could not find any previous posts with this information but I'm sure the question has been asked before.

I would like to know what property investment courses people have been to/completed which have assisted them with their proprty investment knowledge.

I have done searches around the web on property courses but am only bumping into sites which are tryin' to sell me products.

I want to take up a property investment course which will give me sound knowledge into what property investing is all about and how things are done.

Would love to hear about courses you've completed or courses that are available or best places/websites to visit.

Cheers

Profile photo of KeysToSuccessClubKeysToSuccessClub
    @keystosuccessclub

Hi there,

It is a little tricky and i struggled to find good courses in the beginning of my own property journey, hence why I eventually built my own for other people!

The following website has some other options

http://www.propertyinvestmentcourses.com.au/

I have personally done Hans Jakobi which was okay but pretty $$$s and somewhat biased to a particular strategy.

I know most of the people out there advertising courses, so get into contact if you want more opinions.

Cheers

Mark

Profile photo of FinSpecFinSpec
    @finspec

I think that reading all the posts on here is pretty close to a course in property investing…

Seminars are good, great even – however a line I give all my clienst:

"Advice is just someone's opinion – that you pay for"

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

I'd recommend the TAFE Property Investing Course.  It has been discussed on the forum before so if you do a search you should find out info about it.  I did it a few years ago and found it to be excellent: no products to sell, a diverse range of opinions on different strategies and potentially an excellent network of people that you will get to know over the course which takes about 6 months.

Cheers

K

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Most of my time these days is spent working for the 21st Century Academy. I MC and run and number of courses for Property Direct, a division of the 21st Century Academy. The courses we run are for two full days arego through a massive amount of information on how to invest.

Currently if you come through me the course is free. Sure we offer services however our aim is to educate you. You can attend and then go out to invest.

Our web site is 21centurypropertydirect.com.au

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of OzzganatorOzzganator
    @ozzganator

I am currently going through the fist home buyers courses provided at http://www.propertytoolbox.com.au/ They are pretty easy for a real estate beginner like myself and the website covers everything. The courses are around 20 bux and they are definatley worth it!
    Goodluck.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

I’m with Linar, OTEN is running a property investors course. This one definitely has no agendas although you may want to become a real estate agent or valuer afterwards.

Profile photo of janematthewsjanematthews
    @janematthews

The problem with property and investing can be that there is too much information not the lack of it. The "free" advice from "experts" should be viewed case by case. Listen to people who actually walk the walk and are long term and current investors themseves. Learn from their mistakes as well as their success'. Seminars can be excellent but they are also used to sell property listings or products at the end. As a Buyers' Agent for Momentum Wealth in Perth, I have completed the Momentum Wealth Property Education program which contains 5 Modules from negotiation strategy, developing, financing, buidling a portfolio etc. courses such as this are excellent for beginners to intermediate investors who have the time to put the principles into practice. Forums such as this, speaking to unbiased investors and even working alongside a Buyers' Agent for yuor first investment can give you unvaluable knowledge to have the confidence to move forward.

Profile photo of EPI_DenEPI_Den
    @epi_den

Hey ediot123,

First of all, welcome to the world of Property Investing!

There are heaps of courses you can do, lots of books to read and all sorts of gurus out there. Surely there is someone who is bound to meet your needs.

I started my journey with property investing about ten years ago and have slowly been building up my portfolio. I read a lot, and I hate reading! Nevertheless, I managed to build up enough skills to start devising my own strategies. There are a few things I wish I'd known when I started:

1. It's great if you can buddy up with someone so that you can help each other on your journeys. I did everything myself and it's only recently that I've really found myself as part of a community. It helps heaps! Being part of a forum like this one is a great place to start. Find people who you think are reasonable, helpful and knowledgeable, and buddy up!

2. Change your mindset – start calling yourself an investor. Rather than say, "One day I'll invest," say, "I'm an investor who is getting ready to buy my first property." The change in mindset is really powerful and it can help you make better decisions. I used to constantly ask myself, "Would a REAL property investor do this?" One day I actually became that real property investor!

3. Sniff around before you make the decision to pay a lot of money for a course. There are lots of free places to get information, from forums, to podcasts (I make a free podcast with a friend of mine), to television programs and websites.

Getting started can be daunting, but remember we were all there once!

Good luck!
    Den

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

welcome Jane

janematthews wrote:
    … I have completed the Momentum Wealth Property Education program which contains 5 Modules from negotiation strategy, developing, financing, buidling a portfolio etc.

Of course, if I was employed by the same organization which runs xyz course, I’d say it was good too.however, I’m not so I don’t.

Profile photo of lbluedentolbluedento
    Participant
    @lbluedento

Podcasts are a great way to learn. I work full time, have 2 young children and a husband who works away a lot so traditional courses etc don’t really do it for me. That’s why I have searched for podcasts that I can listen to when I have the time.

Kaz and Den’s Everyday Property Investing Podcasts are great if you are just starting out, and even to remind you of a few essentials
    Margaret Lomas has podcasts but hers aren’t free! I think they are about $7 each
    Rachel Barnes from Propertywomen.com has some too

These are a good place to start getting info. All too often the big property investing courses you hear about on tv and radio are very expensive and often they are selling properties so take any advice with extreme caution.

I have learnt so much on this site so I would certainly advice reading and posting questions.

Hey Den, I am going to take your point 2 on board, I have 3 properties and am planning a 4th but I too fall into the find set of thinking I want to be an investor one day, and work my other job a lot less.

Cheers

Ruth

Profile photo of EPI_DenEPI_Den
    @epi_den

Hey Ruth!

Thanks for the positive feedback about our Everyday Property Investing podcasts. We started making them because it was just what we wish we had when we were starting… It's really encouraging to read of someone who thinks they're worthwhile :)

All the best with your fourth property. Where are you looking? Feel free to email me and ask any questions!

Cheers, and thanks again,
    Den

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.