All Topics / Help Needed! / Common Property

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of yasnatyasnat
    @yasnat

Hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I am wanting to know if it is possible to purchase common property on a strata title to use for the redevelopment of a unit. I own a unit on a block of three and am contemplating rebuilding and possible expanding the size of the unit. The property is in Victoria.

1. Can I purchase common property

2. If so how would I go about starting this process. i.e. would my first point of call be council and then a conveyanor and then approach other owners

3. If the above is not possible, do strata titles have any restrictions on rebuilding on the same footprint, and or adding a story to a current one storey dwelling.

Any advice our suggestions greatly appreciated

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

welcome Yasnat

1 – No
    2 – See 1
    3 – you willneed to purchase all of the units, consolidate the lots into one, then (after DA/CC/Construction) apply for a new strata subdivision showing the new lots as created & register a new strata plan.

That is why it is not done.

Profile photo of saka888saka888
    @saka888

Hey,

It is possible to purchase common property  ( although almost impossible) the only way this can be done is for a unanimous resolution to alter the subdivision altering the CP to become a lot that is owned by the OC which then can be on sold. However I doubt you will be able to achieve this

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.