All Topics / Commercial Property / Has Commercial lost its edge!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of saka888saka888
    @saka888

Went to a commercial auction last week in Franklin street in the Melbourne CBD, i was there out of interest more than anything, but i was informed that the property had sold the night before for around 840k, the agent was quoting 750k. I really cant understand why an investor ( as it wasn’t the owner of the restaurant that leases it) would purchase a somewhat risky investment with a return of less than 6%… you would make more money in the bank (well almost) … has anybody else noticed commercial returns are losing their better returns edge!?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Yields generally have returned to around their long term average ranges ie a better reflection of the risk however there have  been some noteable sales which have been out of line – Victorian Bulky Goods/Homemakers centre sold by a LPT to a private buyer on >8% yield and at the other end a shop sold on 1.5% yield in the inner city (Melb). One possible explaination is that the site had a major reversionary rental or major upside on the rent with an impending fixed rent review or alternatively the site had major redevelopment potential.

Analysis is always the key to these deals.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Passive motel investment returns currently around 9%, tenants pay all outgoings on 25-30 yr leases.
    Don't understand why anyone would buy commercial at anything less.
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.