All Topics / Help Needed! / First Home Owners Grant when does it end

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of surinder1surinder1
    @surinder1

Hi evryone,

im a newbie, i have just joined today, i was wondering if any one know when does the first home owners grant ends

Profile photo of JD86JD86
    @jd86

i believe the federal one halves at the end of september, then is no longer available in 2010

each states grant differs

contract must be signed before the cut off date to be eligible

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Not quiet right so let me correct the anomolies.

The first home owner boost will continue in its current form for first home buyers entering into contracts (and owner builders who commence construction) up to and including 30 September 2009, providing eligible first home buyers with $7,000 for established homes and $14,000 for new homes. In combination with the existing $7,000 first home owner grant, this means first home owners will receive $14,000 for established homes and $21,000 for new homes.

For first home buyers entering into contracts (and owner builders who commence construction) on or after 1 October 2009 and on or before 31 December 2009, the boost will be halved to $3,500 for established homes and $7,000 for new homes. In combination with the existing $7,000 first home owner grant, this will bring the grant to $10,500 for established homes and $14,000 for new homes.

Post Jan 1 2010 the FHOG Boost will be discontinued. 

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.