All Topics / Help Needed! / Brisbane investment – is now a good time?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Lusty InvestmentLusty Investment
    @lusty-investment

We are looking to buy our 1st IP and have decided on Brisbane city area (w/in 10km's or so of the city).

We live in Sydney and are looking to spend around $450k on our investment. To put it simplistically our strategy is for capital growth, to buy and hold for the long term and use equity to buy next property and so on to build a prop portfolio.

We decided on Brisbane cause we believe it's at the bottom of the cycle, with Syd and Melb already on the way up. However there seem to be a lot of ppl saying otherwise (i.e that it's not a good time for Brisbane investment).

We'd love to know what you experienced investors think on investing in Brisbane at the moment? And what areas you may suggest? What do you think of Morningside? Or House vs unit?

Thanks in advance, any advice you have is appreciated.

Lusty Investment

Profile photo of KRH83KRH83
    Participant
    @krh83

I was thinking along those lines too for our next IP- anyone have suggestions on the up and coming suburbs and for potential +CF?

Kyla

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

A couple of areas i have increased my portfolio in recently include Bowen Hills and Albion.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of KRH83KRH83
    Participant
    @krh83

Hi Richard, just wondering were they units you purchased in Bowen hills and Albion?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

One of each.

i actually own a block of units in BH but i have had that for a few years.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.