All Topics / General Property / Investing in Geelong Suburbs

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of WALHalfback
    Participant
    @halfback

Can anyone give me feedback on investing in the Geelong district.Looking at investing around 300k to 350K in one of the Geelong suburbs.Dont want to end up in any dodgy suburb .Keen to find an area when I wont have too much trouble renting the property out and will get good capital growth over the next 5 to 7 years

Profile photo of the hulksterthe hulkster
    @the-hulkster

Geelong is a good place to buy atm. For 300-350 i would look at suburbs like Belmont, Highton and Geelong West. The first 2 being the go atm especially with the new ring road. I have lived in Geelong for 35 years so if you have any questions feel free. Renting out in those areas is not a problem.

Profile photo of andrew dwyerandrew dwyer
    Participant
    @andrew-dwyer

Agree with Hulkster, anywhere from central to south of geelong you will find low vacancies and quality properties. I have lived in Geelong my whole 30years and have recently purchased an I.P off the plan in waurn ponds.

Profile photo of WALHalfback
    Participant
    @halfback

Thanks guys for your feedback – The area's you mention are starting to stack up – What about Grovedale – is this a good suburb?

Profile photo of andrew dwyerandrew dwyer
    Participant
    @andrew-dwyer

Grovedale is a fairly well established suburb. Median prices are probably around 250-300k at a guess. The suburb does have some areas that are heavily populated by commission homes so that affects it's appeal somewhat. Vacancy rates are quite low.

Participant
    @halfback
    Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

Hey Halfback – did you end up buying? We are interested in the Geelong West area

Profile photo of roy22roy22
    @roy22

Hey , i dont live anywhere near that area, but just wanted to know if Corio is a good area? its really cheap there

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

no I have been advised to avoid Corio & Norlane

Participant
    @halfback

yes did buy in Bell Post Hill – will need to wait a few years to find out how its going to work out.

Profile photo of dropthatbrotherdropthatbrother
    @dropthatbrother

Good investment Halfback
    Think it is a forgotten suburb in Geelong
    With the ring road now it makes it easy to get around Geelong and including Ballarat and Melbourne  

Profile photo of adoreadore
    Participant
    @adore

Does anyone know much about Whittington in Geelong. Median house price  is $190K, some 3 bedroom places start at $170K on 600 -750 sqm blocks and claim to be tentanted for $200 – $220 per week. I assume not the best area, but all the same would be getting close to at least cash flow nuetral.

Profile photo of JimuJimu
    @jimu

Hi Adore,
    I am new to this site, so am just picking up some of the threads.
    Whittington is predominantly a commission area and i dont beleive it would have as much growth potential as the areas mentioned above. Newcomb nearby would be a better bet – large blocks for sub. potential plus it is only a short distance to cbd. or leopold as there is a large shopping centre planned for the near future. The Bellarine is a sleeper in general imo. There is a land release shortly in Jetty rd. Drysdalle/clifton springs. For longer term Clifton springs is definetly worth a look.
    Torquay, where i work as a building consultant for a major builder, is showing great growth and high rentals – new land release at The Quay estate due on the 6th of March.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.