All Topics / Value Adding / ARCHITECTS FEES

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Profile photo of newhome2010newhome2010
    @newhome2010

hi there i was wondering if i could get advice i have recently purchased a block in sydney in which i wish to rebuild. i would like an architect designed home but already have a very good builder to project manage.

what can i expect to pay for the services of an architect and what do i need them to do if i already have a project manager??

Profile photo of RnPRnP
    @rnp

Hi Marty,

It does seem a little pricey.  Perhaps check out a local draftsperson iinstead of an architect.  they do similar things, but a draftsman is a cheaper option – at least for the first stage of design anyway where it's not that technical (usually) and the council's most likely will change bits and pieces of the design anyway.  Did you get 3 quotes to begin with?  I think if you shop around you will find a cheaper deal.  Also, go to the local council of the area that the property is in and ask to look at the registry of lodgements for planning applications (most councils have these avilable to the public if you ask) and have a look at which architects/draftspeople/designers name's come up often and start with these businesses because they obviously have the most experience with that particular council, which always helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.