All Topics / Help Needed! / How to sell your house privately??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of quadrantquadrant
    @quadrant

Hi There,

I am considering selling my unit in Sydney, and would like to sell it privately. Can all those experienced in property sales, especially those you have sold privately themselves offer some advice. I would like to list on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au, although there can be limitations with them including cost involved. I understand nocommission.com.au may be a solution, any experience with them or others similar?

I dont necessarily want this to turn into a “agent vs private sale” debate, just some direction would be appreciated.

cheers

Profile photo of remoovremoov
    @remoov

Hi Quadrant

I may be a bit late here, but better late than never. How about you check out Remoov (http://www.remoov.com.au)? We’re an option to private property sales, FSBO and traditional real estate agencies because although we are registered real estate agents, we don’t charge any commissions, just a flat fee of a maximum $4900.

Because we are registered real estate agents your property will be listed on the main real estate portals such as realestate.com.au and domain.com.au.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

No experience of them, but My home is for sale, can list it on the realestate.com.au website

I've listed on the noagent property web site,  got 2 to 3 enquiries per week.
    when I sell my family home in this year, I plan to list with lawyersrealestate.com.au.
    One of the difficulties we have, is not being able to list on the realestate.com.au web site privately.
    I think this is extremely anti competitive and have  wondered if this can be reported as such to ASIC.
    I've even listed on gumtree and trading post and have had steady enquiries.
    At this point, we've decided to hold the property and have withdrawn the adds.
    I had a number of offers through the private listings and it's not difficult. Once the offer is made, and  the next step,is to get the contract drawn up by your own solicitor.

Despite what any one believes, it's not difficult at all to sell your property, it's possibly wotrth having a professional valuation done beforehand, so you know what price to advertise and expect and avoid opportunistic buyers.
    It places you totally in control of the process.
    By the way, I don't have any time at all for real estate agents.

Profile photo of mcgrandlesmcgrandles
    @mcgrandles

hi have sold in the past myself saved a lot of money just find a convayencer they charge a lot less and can do the same as a real-estate agent  

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates
    dr house wrote:
    ….One of the difficulties we have, is not being able to list on the realestate.com.au web site privately.
    I think this is extremely anti competitive and have  wondered if this can be reported as such to ASIC….

How can it be anti-competitive? Competition exists between real estate businesses which advertise on the site. This is an agent's portal which allows all licenced real estate agents to advertise.

Profile photo of kaleidoscopesskaleidoscopess
    @kaleidoscopess

Hi Quadrant!

How did u go with the sale of your unit?

Did you sell it privately/is it on the market?

Town Planner and Development Consultant
    [email protected]

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

Depends on who owns the web site, I happen to believe that private sellers should be allowed to market/sell their own property
    as well.
    The web site remains the most widely accessed one by buyers, so yes, it keeps those wishing to sell privately out of it.
    Therefore, it restricts our advertising options.
    Unless of course, you find a licensed agent who can list you there, but allows you the freedom of a private sale.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates
    dr house wrote:
    Unless of course, you find a licensed agent who can list you there, but allows you the freedom of a private sale.

That is why there are companies which assist you to sell your own house (provide all the marketing back of house, signage etc).

Profile photo of remoovremoov
    @remoov
    Scott No Mates wrote:
    dr house wrote:

That is why there are companies which assist you to sell your own house (provide all the marketing back of house, signage etc).

Hi Quadrant

We are such a company who are registered real estate agents, but offer a bit of a twist on selling your house privately. We don’t take any commissions, just one flat fee of at max $4950, which includes everything you need to sell your property such as all your marketing materials, valuations and solicitor.

Also because we are real estate agents we can get your property listed on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au etc. Our website is http://www.remoov.com.au, if you want to check it out for more info. Or feel free to ask me more questions here.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.