All Topics / Finance / What to do in getting finacne for second IP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of macnet1macnet1
    @macnet1

HI sorry if your used to these sort of posts, we are quite new to this. Story so far we bought a property for $211,000 with the FOHG over 15 months ago and we bevlive that the property is worth in value approx $240,000 after completed some reno work on the property. We are looking to get another property but unsure what we have to do as we dont have deposit as sunk all we have into this house and its just about to be rented out. My question can we use what little equity is in the house to get another IP even though its not that much ?

Cheers
    Mark

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

You do not give enough information for anyone to give you any advice that would be worth paying attention to eg how much do you owe on the mortgage, expected rent, what your income is, is anything going to affect your income eg children, how much you are proposing to borrow for a second IP etc etc

Profile photo of macnet1macnet1
    @macnet1

Thanks CRJ sorry but Im a newbie here so will try and give as much info as –

Ok I recall we now approx owe $198,000 outstanding on the house
    We jointly earn $170,000 per annum – we are in great jobs
    We rent a property we now live in at $450 per week
    Mortgage is $1,200 pm fixed for next 3 years
    expected rent is $990pcm
    NO other outgloing apart from $200 pm car loan, no credit cards No kids

Looking wanting to borrow up to $300k for another  IP

Next year we would like to buy a property for us to live in and not rent anymore at approx $600,000.

Hope that helps

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Mark

Regretfully i dont fancy your chances as there is clearly insufficient equity in the property and the maximum lvr you will get these days on a IP is 95%.

With the current property being an IP already you probably dont want to pay down the debt to increase your equity so are limited to your cash funds or the available equity in the current property.

At a 90% lend on a new valuation there is next to nothing in the current property even if the valuation came in at $240K.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Become a Mortgage BrokerBecome a Mortgage Broker
    Participant
    @become-a-mortgage-broker

This may be possible Mark, what state are you intending to purchase in? What would be the purchase price? On that income are you saving any funds?

Profile photo of Become a Mortgage BrokerBecome a Mortgage Broker
    Participant
    @become-a-mortgage-broker

On second thoughts, maybe PM me and I'll get some more info from you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.