All Topics / Help Needed! / Opinions on Casuarina Village Tweed Coast

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of QMQM
    Participant
    @qm

Hi,

I've just been looking at some beach shacks at what's called Casuarina In Tweed/Northern NSW. Does anyone know about these and if they are a good investment? Any feedback would be appreciated as I've never considered buying anything like these.Thank you

Profile photo of Results1Results1
    @results1

Beautiful area, a tiny bit remote but more and more amenities seem to pop up. I ride my bike through there every now and then and am amazed at the growth. I believe there have been a few resales in the time it's been going, nothing too unusual. PRD really nailed it at the beginning with the marketing and it was a pet project of the brothers.The place looks great, very upmarket, a bit like an oasis in the middle of nowhere. close to Kingscliffe which is a suburb that has gone berserk over the last years.

The range of styles and prices is huge, so you will really need to do some homework on the resales etc. Talk to a lot of agents, unfortunately , even though it is just round the corner from me, it is in NSW so i cant access sales history. There was a massive spike in prices in Jan to Mar of last year, but i can't see why. It may have been a couple of big ticket homes being sold, and then it settled back after March. Seems the info i have seen shows the median price to be 600 -700K and has been steady at the range for a while. I have no uptodate 2009 data, but I am local to it and i have not heard anything negative about the area.

One would think there would be reasonable appreciation with it's proximity to the water/beach – and awesome beaches as well., I wouldn't think the rental returns would be all that great, but you never know,  I was wrong once before. Undeniably beautiful place though.

Hope it works out for you.

Profile photo of QMQM
    Participant
    @qm
    Profile photo of QMQM
    Participant
    @qm

Hi,

I am very confused and curious about a tiny area called “Tanglewood” in northern NSW near Cabarita. There are these “chalets” dotted along a large area of stunning bushland and native flora and fauna…for the alternative minded person it is stunning but is it a bad choice of purchasing for resale or investmentt??? The property is suitable for a single person like myself??? The residence is strata titled not -MO or Community. The area is 2.5km too close to Cabarita Beach which is booming and in between Byron Bay and the Gold Coast. I’d be grateful for any help here please!! (or any other sound advice of where to buy in the area)..Thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.