All Topics / Value Adding / Bulding restrictions on a corner block

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of RC51RC51
    @rc51

Hi there…

Does anyone know what the rules are re. boundary clearance for a corner block?

I am looking at a block of land in a community title area of 12 houses. The road comes off a main road and has a little T junction at the end. There are thirteen blocks on the title, 4 on each side of the road and three at the end facing the top of the "T". I am looking at one on the long side on the corner of the "T". The rules state that the house has to face in the same direction as my 4 neighbour and the facade must be level with them. This puts my house 5m back from the road (on which I can do not much at all), using up a fair amount of the 450m2. On the side of the house that borders onto the top of the "T" I have approx. 6m to the boundary of my block.

The question is…how much of that part of the block can I use (ie. fence off)? Is it 5m?? as in the front??

It seems very hard to get the rules straight as the Community by-laws are unclear and the council is somewhat unapproachable. Also I am overseas at the mo, which makes it all a bit harder!

Thanks anyone for any info they can give me!

Profile photo of HandymanHandyman
    @handyman

Where is the block of land located? You can get all the information directly from council, but 5m setback from the road is prbably right. Need to know which council your land is in?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.