All Topics / General Property / Bleh got property valuation back

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of bjsaustbjsaust
    Participant
    @bjsaust

Took a while for it to come through. Bought PPoR 4 years ago for $410 which was fair price at the time. Spent about $20-30k on improvments (range because $10k was replacing veranda railing which was below required height so not sure that would add any). Anyway, I know the higher end has dropped in the last year or so, but I figured the 3 years before that were generally upwards.

$420k.

I thought $450 conservatively and it could have crept higher. Even $450 would be only 10% higher after the 4 years.

Ahh well, leaves us a lot more borderline than I thought. Possibly able to look at the same kinds of deals I have been, but without the safety net I thought we had. Will probably end up just saving hard for another year or so.

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

It's not surprising.  Where we are i would say prices have dropped 10% in the past year.  Friends purchased recently a property they had looked at 2 years ago, which had had extra work done on it over the 2 years and only paid $5K more than the sale price 2 years ago.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

A lot of people's properties have dropped below what they paid for them – you may be lucky.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of bjsaustbjsaust
    Participant
    @bjsaust

Could be, I just figured the 3 years prior to last year would have pushed things up enough to still have had growth over the entire period.

Ahh well, just take a bit longer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.