All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Accountant, Financial Planners and Mortgage Brokers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Badger101Badger101
    Participant
    @badger101

Hi All, We live in North Shore Sydney recently moved from Sydney. Happy to travel around Sydney to find an accountant then a financial advisor and a Mortgage broker that fits for us but have not decided on anyone yet, just up to the chat stage:
    The two accountants I have found are on here are:
    1. Guardian Partners
    2. Fletcher Tax Accountants

The financial advisers are:
    1. Tailored Financial solutions

The brokers I think are:
    1.Discover Home Loans
    2.Mortgage Detectives.

Can anyone out there suggest any others that I can look into.

Thanks

Profile photo of FinSpecFinSpec
    @finspec

Hi Badger,

Happy to nominate our firm here .   
    Follow the links below to learn a little more about us, but we've met a few people off the forums over time, and we always seem to be able to provide the adivce that people are looking for.  Also, we're in the Sydney CBD.

Cheers,

FS

Profile photo of bluezincbluezinc
    Participant
    @bluezinc

Hi Badger,

Depending what sort of asset level we're talking about here, I would recommend finding Financial Planner that charge 'fee for service' model instead of commission based. I had been let down before by an FP company, who was driven by the commission instead of my interest, but I still believe most FP's have good intention though.

At that time they looked after my investment property, margin lending, direct shares, super and taxation matter in a bundled service, which I found very convenient, BUT turned out to be it's not that hard anyway as long as you are willing to spend a little time learning, so I am doing it myself now. Most FPs making them sound difficult to deal with, which I must agree they may have some privillage access to some information.

Take into consideration in this current economy climate, earning commission is much harder so, if you have to go with commission based FP, please make sure you do your own homework, so they don't exploit you. Because majority of FP's make commission based on transactions, not based on the profits they make you.

Also, all FP's will recommend you to buy insurance products, mainly life, TPD and  trauma insurance. While I understand the importance of having yourself insured (specially if you have a family that depends on you), but you do not want to change your insurance provider when you change your FP, mainly because it'll affect your benefits and eligibility, and also FP's who most of them are also insurance brokers get about 50% commission of your first annual premium.

I am not saying don't go with their recommendation BUT find out from the FP why he/she is recommending that particular insurance provider and will you get your insurance commission back.

That's all I have to say, so good luck !!

Regards,

Bluezinc

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.