All Topics / Help Needed! / Condition 8.2 – Inspect the Property before settlement

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of nitrodropsnitrodrops
    @nitrodrops

Hi All,

Initially i am planning to inspect my newly purchased Townhouse one day before the settlement this friday 04/09, having the impression that the seller will have moved all their stuff out.

However the Seller will be renting from me for 3 days after settlement which is stated in the contract, which means that they will be moving their stuff out over the weekend.

So during the last inspection based on Condition 8.2 – should i take pictures of the whole townhouse before settlement? So
    once the Seller moves their stuff out over weekend after Settlement, if they damage anything, i can get them to be liable for the damages? Of course, i will burn all the pictures onto a CD and pass it to them, showing them the condition before they move their stuff out?

Shall i take this above measure?

Any other extra things i need to take note of?

Cheers
    Nit

Profile photo of LalibellaLalibella
    Participant
    @lalibella

I certainly would. I've been burnt before and now I take a date stamped  photo of every surface I can point the digital at. The tenants dont particularly require a copy as they will probably know you are doing it anyway.

Profile photo of nitrodropsnitrodrops
    @nitrodrops
    Lalibella wrote:
    I certainly would. I've been burnt before and now I take a date stamped  photo of every surface I can point the digital at. The tenants dont particularly require a copy as they will probably know you are doing it anyway.

Thanks mate.

Any things that i should concentrate taking pictures of? i cant be taking every inche of the whole townhouse.

Cheers
    Nit

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

I would I know of people who didn't do a final inspection and when they got the keys on settlement discovered all the built in wardrobes had been removed

@nitrodrops
    maree_bradross wrote:
    I would I know of people who didn't do a final inspection and when they got the keys on settlement discovered all the built in wardrobes had been removed

I make sure i take pictures of the wardrobes.

Profile photo of propertunitypropertunity
    Participant
    @propertunity

Will you be holding a bond type amount to be released to them on satisfactory condition after move out?

@nitrodrops
    propertunity wrote:
    Will you be holding a bond type amount to be released to them on satisfactory condition after move out?

unfortunately, no bond.

Going to collect my keys later this evening, hope everything is in good shape.

Cheers
    Nit

Profile photo of propertunitypropertunity
    Participant
    @propertunity

I hope it goes well for you too Nit, because you have paid over all the money on settlement and hold no bond – so it appears there will be no financial penalty to the vendor if there is damage or missing stuff. ??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.