All Topics / General Property / Does anyone know Ozinvest?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of daniel_73daniel_73
    @daniel_73

Hello there,

I am thinking about buying my first IP. I have done a lot of research on location/type of property etc etc. I have also spoken to a number of IP companies such as IronFish, Clarendon, Ozinvest too…I will do my due dilligence whatever the option I choose and I wont be influenced much with these agents…

I understand that Ozinvest (http://www.ozinvest.com.au/) have some good property in a number of locations around VIC & QLD and also have a 10 year lease back guarantee which seem pretty good. I have only met them a few times but I dont see anything dodgy so far.

(1) Has anyone worked with them before?
    (2) Any good or bad experiences to share?

Appreciate any feedback/advice on this company.

Thanks

Profile photo of elle01elle01
    @elle01

Hi Daniel,

I like you have done some research into Ozinvest. This is not my first investment property I have a rental which I handle myself but the security and locations of properties they offer looks good. I am also just trying to get a bit of feedback on the company good or bad before I jump into anything. Any info you get please pass it on.
     Thanks Elle

Profile photo of markymarkomarkymarko
    @markymarko

Cum on people!  Help 

Pretty Please, can anyone (that doesnt work or is affiliated with OZINVEST) give us some feedback on this company. I am a first timer to property investing and interested in doing some research on companies I am considering before commiting the $$$$$$$

Anyone have other suggestions for companies that are ethical, reliable,  and would suite someone like me who has only modest amount of time I can spend researching the market. I am also looking at Metropole and Destiny Financial Solutions

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Marky, my feelers tell me that one of the directors at Metropole has moved on to Ironfish so you may look at them too. Can't give a wrap for either but this bod was on the level (had a good chat without putting in the spiel & may continue to cross paths).

@markymarko

Thanks heaps Scott, I dont believe you have no mates. I will have a good look at Ironfish for sure. Anyone else recommend one of these companies and why?

Profile photo of LockymacLockymac
    @lockymac

Just a thought, the ten year guarantee comes at a $15 a week price, I thought you would probably get a tenant if you dropped the rent ten bucks a week? Just a thought

@markymarko

Locky, I like your lateral thinking. This is what I came to this forum for! That is worth thinking about for sure. I am starting to think it might be better if I look after my own investment. I am fine with paying someone to advise me as long as they have no vested intrest in a particular product that can compromise potential capital growth.

The $15 per week to me seems like another form of security that ensures cash flow. I see that dropping the price of the rent would do almost the same thing.

Thanks heaps for your opinion. It really helps us newby's

Profile photo of sootysssootyss
    Participant
    @sootyss

Hi all,

I am the skeptic from hell having been tought a valuable lesson early in my investing life.  As a consequence, I decided to get market ready.  Some may call it procastination, but I made a conscious decision to "hold my horses" until I was confident in my level of basic understanding including the different strategies ie growth, yield, buy and hold, flip, developing etc etc. How to buy, ie company & trusts vs own name pros and cons, asset protection, tax planning, why was I investing, for how long, what was my exit plan.   Then I looked at us, where was our comfort zone ie reno and hold in a trust strust for asset protection.  We do not want to be employees until 65, so that meant we were looking for properties to replace our income (+CF)  offset by some money earners every now and then (value add/sliders/ granny flats etc) Sorted!  We were no longer interested in negative geared to offset against salaries.

I do not trust the 2nd tier seller that are very much around in the market at the moment – they are the ones with all the answers, glossy broshures and have got a deal for you – with guaranteed income (guaranteed income equates to inflatuated purchase price – beware). Oh, and some smooth talkers!    Liken it to handing over the controls to your wealth – herd 'em in, sell 'em a one size fits all ….oh dear, sounds like a financial planner of the property world.   Ask clients of STORM and iPlan and alike how they feel about handing over the controls to their livelihood.

I would rather be control of all my decisions ie choose the property, verify or research the area myself and have independent professionals.    If you want to learn the strategies on how to be in control ie the property investors that aren't trying to sell you property, but TEACH you instead how to make informed decisions – then check out Margaret Lomas (Destiny) and Dymphna Boholt (realestate success) – both will teach you how to use cashflow positive property to earn income.  Personally I get more from Dymphna's teaching, but I am big on asset protection and becoming a full time investor.

I subscribe to Michael Yardney, but having just read his latest book, he made a comment in there that was a left-fielder in my eyes and when I asked him what he meant, I was quickly referred on to Metropole – and if I was a client I would get the answer.  For me, I didn't what to pay $1,000 to become a client, and I do not need a buyer's agent because I have a particular talent for picking property. Don't get me wrong, Michael is very knowledgeable and is "up there" with investors and a great motivator, and his newsletters cut out the "noise and fluff".

Jan Somers is aother good read for strategy.   I cannot comment on RESULTS or Steve – while I have his books, I haven't read them (SORRY), but look , the man has an accounting background and is +CF strategy – like Margaret and Dymphna (and me ) so all's good.

Had to have my 2 cents worth, and it may have covered a number of topics, and take it as just another opinion to add to the rest.

Cheerio, and happy investing

Profile photo of sootysssootyss
    Participant
    @sootyss

OOHhh!

Here's a sharing tip quote right from Steve himself

Tip:

The more removed you are from the problem the longer it will take to profit.

HOW TRUE!!

@markymarko

Sootyss, thanks heaps for your tips there.  I understand where you are coming from. I too have been lead up the garden path and might have lost my house if I would have follow the "highly leveraged advice". Destiny is having a launch seminar on a new product coming up very soon so I will go along and hear what they have to say.

I agree with you that educating yourself is a vital tool to making a quality decision with your investment dollars as it's not just hundreds of dollars, it's hundred's of thousands. I have to be careful also not to fall into the trap of "analysis paralysis" this is where I need a little guidance because I tend to fill my head up with all this data but not take action. A clear action plan is the way to go from here for me.

Once again, thanks I will follow up on those tips and check out Real Estate Success now.

Profile photo of Andrew RAndrew R
    Participant
    @andrew-r

If the vacancy rates are good in the area im investing i dont need a 10yr guarantee. I also steer clear most development stock that has a rent guarantee as i run all my numbers on natrual yield. Plus the limited buyer pool should you need to sell, and i know everyone here states that "i wont be selling in ten years or im going to keep it for ten years" no one knows what will happen you may be forced to sell at some point. Everyone should be looking at investment with a worse case scenario mindset

Profile photo of gooseheadgoosehead
    Participant
    @goosehead

I invested with ozinvest for my first of 3 IP's and pulled close to 200k from the investment over 8 years, I payed 156 and sold for 342.  If I had of been smarter and better educated it would have been more with a better structure on my part.  They may not be the ultimate investment but they make things easy and have a good steady return no one trying to sell unrealistic returns.  That is why i went back to them for the 3rd property and will do so again.  For me they are a no hassle investment with good returns with easy admin and little time commitment.  I am in the military so do not have time to renovate or look for tennats etc and they aim for people like me.  Also they sell properties with out the lease back which cuts the cost and I have never had vacancies, in fact i have tennants wanting to sign longer leases for security of the property.

Profile photo of OzInvest CanberraOzInvest Canberra
    @ozinvest-canberra

Hi

I do work for OzInvest. And I do understand the questions you have and I find some of the ideas posted quite smart. I would be quite happy to respond to any questions you may have on OzInvest for information purposes only. If you do your due dilligence on OzInvest or any company for that matter you can have piece of mind when making what is a really tough decision. Buying a property is not something to be taken lightly. LIke I said I am willing to answer any questions that you have about OzInvest. I am unable to make comment on other companies as I do not fully understand their business models.

Thanks

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko
    Lockymac wrote:
    Just a thought, the ten year guarantee comes at a $15 a week price, I thought you would probably get a tenant if you dropped the rent ten bucks a week? Just a thought

well how about you put the rent up 15 bucks a week or even 50 bucks a week and then oz will pay u market rent when vacant, so your always getting money coming in and u pay oz 15 bucks, and then lets say based on that extra 50 bucks a week u are tenanted 45 weeks out of the year, well you have just picked up a cool 1500 per year and thats after paying oz

Profile photo of Anthony.AounAnthony.Aoun
    Participant
    @anthony.aoun

hello daniel_73,

I have not heard anything bad about Ozinvest. (I have been in this industry for over 12 years)

Being able to consider the merits of 'several different properties' from 'several different locations' around Australia and from 'several different sources' (companies) side by side, may allow you a better perspective.

Rental guarantees, may assist with your emotional comfort; more importantly is this a property people would want to live in? If so, you don’t need the guarantee. If not what happens after the guarantee?

we offer a FREE service via this site: http://www.landlordcentral.com.au/

PS: you can even see what happens to the cash flows if the vacancy is altered.

Good luck.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.