All Topics / General Property / Investing in Frankston

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of sophiehsophieh
    @sophieh

Singer, I would be most interested to hear the names of the primary schools that you recommend around the Frankston area if you don’t mind?

Sophie

Profile photo of SingerSinger
    @singer

The stand out is Mahogany Rise.  Small tightly run school with fabulous teachers.   My last contact there was one year ago but most of the staff are there for the long haul so should be still around.  The other one is in Cranbourne so that's a probably a little too far inland.
    Feel free to contact me via this forum if you'd like to know more details.

Profile photo of Lord McalpineLord Mcalpine
    @lord-mcalpine

We purchased a house for investment in central Frankston beach side of freeway, 2 years ago. This was on advice of a property guru (Terry) prior to the East Link being completed. Everything he said in terms of infrastructure and government spending has occured or soon will. We live in Perth and have seen mongrel suburbs such as East Perth and Coogee (Beach) become very expensive over time due to development and government spending. I think the boom in this suburb has already begun.

see the light

Profile photo of sapphire101sapphire101
    Participant
    @sapphire101

I have property in Frankston. Bought Sept 2007. 2br unit – now renovated. Purchase $190 – New Value $265 – Renting for $235pw. I passed on a house mid 2006 for $195 on 770m2 now worth $320k (duh!)
    Nothing wrong with Franga although you have to screen your tenants carefully. It is a hard one to work out as it is one of the few suburbs in Melb where you can buy a dumpy unit for $110k and a hilltop mansion for $3m within 2 km from each other and there is everything inbetween. Get educated, then buy. Even local Frankston people thought Frankston North was a hole and it has boomed, Many "Melbourne" people wouldnt know a good deal in Frankston if it hit them in the head, will hang on to the stereotype and miss out completely.

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.