All Topics / Help Needed! / Just joined, thinking of buying another IP.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of mxdmxd
    @mxd

Hi,

I think the time is right to be buying another IP. some details

Married (me 43 professional, wife 37 self employed (selling business though) 2 kids (5 tomorrow and 3 next month)
    2 properties (1 investment) (1 in my name (residence), 1 in wife's name (IP))
    $450,000 equity (thanks Richard for the report)
    Wife self employed (business loan) – Selling the business
    Me employed (7.5years same company)
    Managed Fund 30K (my name)

I will look at buying when my wife sells her business. When the business is sold our company will have a loss so I would like to use this loss on my "investment" earnings.

I was thinking of setting up a family trust (3 years ago) and moving the Managed fund into the trust, but the CGT was too high, now with the GFC there will basically be no CG so it seems a good time to do  the move. My problem is I don't know if I can get the income from the managed fund (and next IP) into the company to use the loss. I don't think buying in the company name is the best option (no cgt discount etc.. and I will possibly sell the IP). I would also want to buy the IP in the trust name, using the equity in the 2 properties to secure the loan (105 %) I would look at IO loan and would love CF+ and a real-estate hotspot :).

thanks
    Matt

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.