All Topics / Value Adding / Anyone doing DIY renos in Perth currently?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of wisepearlwisepearl
    @wisepearl

Hey folks,

Got a proposition for you… I'm interested in learning a bit more about DIY renos, about where to draw the line between DIY and hiring pros, correctly estimating budget and time, and where to source great bargains or buy/hire the tools or good required.

I'm wondering if there are any keen investors out there in Perth currently doing a DIY renovation? I have plenty hours to spare on weekday afternoons and weekends, and loads I want to learn. Would you be willing for me to exhange some of my time and energy helping you out in return for picking your brains? :)

Prefer SOR or western suburbs, but willing to travel within reason.

Please let me know if we might be able to work something out.

Cheers,
    Emma

Profile photo of gumtreegumtree
    Participant
    @gumtree

Hi Emma,
    Saw your post in 2009 about sharing your time for learning DIY renovating, how did you go?
    I am in the same position now with 2 weeks of free time in Perth and being an industrial sparky willing to work hard to learn, could you reccomend anyone?
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Profile photo of colinnewlandcolinnewland
    Participant
    @colinnewland

wisepearl / Emma,
    Please drop me an email to make contact.

I am doing DYI renos in Perth but will not be back for another month.  I would love to make contact and see what we can work out.

Profile photo of wisepearlwisepearl
    @wisepearl
    gumtree wrote:
    Hi Emma,
    Saw your post in 2009 about sharing your time for learning DIY renovating, how did you go?
    I am in the same position now with 2 weeks of free time in Perth and being an industrial sparky willing to work hard to learn, could you reccomend anyone?
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Hi Gumtree,

Unfortunately that post got me nowhere ;) since then bought another IP but haven’t renovated. Am actually starting a reno on IP #1 on 3rd September. Planning to do strip out DIY over the weekend, and got tradies lined up to do plumbing, tiling, bathroom, flooring, plus got a sparky sorted for moving some light fittings.

Planning to meet tradies on site each morning and observe what I can to absorb some info!

Let me know if you want to help us strip out and meet on site to catch up with any of the tradies, i’m sure we can arrange it.

Cheers,
    Emma

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.