All Topics / Help Needed! / Douglas in Townsville – THOUGHTS PLEASE !!!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of parraboyparraboy
    Participant
    @parraboy
    Hi there,

I am considering putting an offer on a property at Douglas, Townsville . It is a 4 bedder valued at $ 410K. It is is located in the Riverside gardens estate in Townsville.

I have never been to Townsville, I have little knowledge of the suburb, but it has ticked a few boxes for me so far with what I look for. However, before I put in a bid, I just wanted to get some feedback from the wise people of this forum.

With all the talk going about the market doing this and that after FHOG ceases, it is hard to know exactly which way to go.

What are your thoughts on GROWTH, RENTAL PROSPECTS and general about Douglas and Townsville.

Thanks again,

Parraboy

Profile photo of kum yin laukum yin lau
    @kum-yin-lau

Hi, don't know about Douglas but Cairns doesn't seem to be so hot at the moment. Check out the thread about vacancies & rents.

KY

Profile photo of NoWorriesNoWorries
    @noworries

Hi

I live near Townsville and also looking at a property in Douglas, Townsville.  Douglas is close the the Uni, Hospital and Army Base.  So the rental demand is there.  Townsville's economy relies on things other then tourism, and is the base for many government departments  and next year there will be a larger army presence.  I know a builder that has the contract for 100 DHA homes.

I have had my eye on this area for awhile and like yourself, I am not sure what to do about the FHOG, To wait or Not.
    And if it will make a difference to the market as many are suggesting.  I know a few investors that are waiting to see and will buy their property after the FHOG.  I think in the end you need to be happy and comfortable with your choice.  Who really knows how the market will be effected. 

But in saying that, Douglas is a prime rental area and one I will be keeping an eye on.

I hope I have helped in some way, as this is my first post.

NoWorries!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.