All Topics / Help Needed! / Developing, Townhouses

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd

Hey guys im looking at purchasing a block in outer frankston (600sqm) with the inention of putting 2 3 bedroom townhouses,
    before i start consulting builders and having to pay all these fees for something i have not yet purchased i just wanted to get your views,
    can a 3br townhouse be built on 300sqm?
    double story?

any input much appreciated.

Profile photo of FinSpecFinSpec
    @finspec

There are so many variables – but it depends on the footprint, access to the property (are they both fronting the property, or will you need a driveway down the side becuase you're building them sideways?).

Also depends if you want to subdivide as freehold or keep it as strata.  Got any more info on what you're thinking?

FS

Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd

straight unelevated block, the front one will be facing the street and the other facing the side,

its 51ft wide and 127ft long.

Profile photo of kum yin laukum yin lau
    @kum-yin-lau

Hi, unless it's a corner block, how do you access the one facing the side?

KY

Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd

drive way on the left hand side, where you can access both the front and rear townhouses garage.

Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd

or double fronted like a duplex style.

Profile photo of wade anthonywade anthony
    Participant
    @wade-anthony

I would check your councils DCP for units, from memory min. subdivision size is 300m². A duplex style would work out cheaper and less hassles with privacy issues.

Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd

can you give me more information on the Wade, if its 51ft wide, how would i go about parking etc.. garage. and why is this cheaper? more more info, im really keen.

Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd

i rang up the council to enquire about what the minimum street frontage has to be for each of the dwellings and was directed to their town planning scheme which mentions nothing about it :(

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

The block is big enough to put 2 units, subject to the design. It is a total waste of time talking to anyone without at least a concept drawing. I strongly suggest you speak to Paulding Homes, they are a Frankston based volume builder, I'm sure they will be able to advise you on the liklihood of fitting decently sized units on the block

Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd

Ill give them a buzz, but RE: the minimum size frontage of a duplex, the town planning dept should be able to tell me that. they cant be that stupid.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

The council's LEP will show the size of the block, frontage requirements, width of access etc – read the document and follow any guidelines.

Profile photo of sjh_85sjh_85
    @sjh_85

Check your town plan, but as a general rule you need to allow 250m2 per townhouse. Also 10% of the entire block must be left for community space. So 60m2 for community space. For an under roof 135m2 average 3 bed would be around $145,000

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.