All Topics / Help Needed! / Follow heart or head?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of chrisc83chrisc83
    Participant
    @chrisc83

Hi,

Im lost whether to purchase an owner occupied home in Wollongong or an investment property in Brisbane as me and my fiances first home.

My head says IP in Brisbane, as I believe the market is only going up, but my head says owner occupy in Wollongong as my family are down there. I can always rent in Wollongong.

Please help!

Chris

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Chris,

it really depends upon your circumstances, you have many options available.
    a) buy PPOR in the gong & put your investment plans on hold whilst building up equity
    b) as above, live in it for a while, move out and use it as your rental
    c) buy an IP in Brissy & rent in the gong or whatever other option you'd like.

Your decision would ultimately consider such factors as which property would have the best capital growth.

Buying a house to live in would allow you to get into the Sydney/Wollongong market and you may be able to take advantage of the FHBG as well as the stamp duty concessions currently available.

Profile photo of chrisc83chrisc83
    Participant
    @chrisc83

Thanks for those comments.

Do you (or anyone here) know of any reports I can download to make an informed decison based upon capital growth indicators in these regions?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Happy to provide you with a Residex report on an individual property in each location which will certainly give you some interesting statistical information however an actual security address is required.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.