All Topics / Value Adding / WHATS TO DO FIRST? – 2 Bed Unit RENOVATION

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of SOLD.SOLD.
    @sold.

Hi All,

I have recently decided to renovate one of my units (2bed, Int Laundry, 1Bath and Open living)

What should i start with….

Kitchen? Bathroom? Floors? Painting?

What is the best time-line for this renovation?

Kind Regards,
    Stefon

Profile photo of miikemiike
    Participant
    @miike

Easy things:
    – Bed, Lounge, Hallways – Repaint, Polish floors (pending floor type) and new curtains.
    – Redo cupboards with new flooring and paint if needed

Hard things (non-cheap):
    Kitchen – Cheap Cab's, new benchtop (stone or laminex, pending your target and goal), new flooring, splashbacks
    bathroom – new cupboard and basin, clean and possibly replace old tiling, new flooring,

Cheers,
    Miike

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Old carpet covered floors keep on floor while painting then replace after painting floor.

If plumbing needed it has to be done before you put the tiles , wall coverings , plaster board , ect  on to walls as access is required by the plumber and damage can be done to walls. Check with plumber and electrician as to what they need to do to the walls before doing work on the walls.

Profile photo of SOLD.SOLD.
    @sold.

Thanks guys helps alot.

Profile photo of madelizabethanmadelizabethan
    @madelizabethan

Hi SOLD,

Personally I prefer to leave the majority of the painting and then the flooring until last (at least in the traffic areas where things will be dragged through while you're trying to rip out and install things like kitchen and bathroom. Best tip is to work your way towards the door so you leave minimal damage anywhere!

If you're in Sydney, have a look at my web site. I might be able to help further :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.