All Topics / General Property / South Australia

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of parraboyparraboy
    Participant
    @parraboy

Hi there,

Been researching madly for past month for IP no 3.  Limited to $320K, looking at a few areas in South Australia in particular :

Whyalla
    Freeling
    Ceduna
    Andrews farm

Just looking for some thoughts on any of those areas mentioned or if there are any other areas in South Australia that you may push me torwards…… 

Thanks guys

Profile photo of ally.22ally.22
    Participant
    @ally.22

Hi. I live in Whyalla & see prop prices dropping here – probably because resources have slumped in recent times. Not a lot of other industry to keep things going. My advice to you is look at the rentals in each area – if there are lots then things aren't going well. If there aren't, & I would have thought closer to Adelaide would be doing ok, then look a little closer. More than 1 industry is good & that's why I would think Adel would be a good option. Also they're putting in the bypass from Gawler to the northern area of Adel for quicker access from the northern towns. People tell me Ceduna is doing ok, but I don't really know. Long way from anywhere else & fishing industry will face competition from mining (ie port access & pollution) in the future.
    Good luck with your hunting – I always look around areas I know well, & haven't gone too far wrong in past 9 years.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.