All Topics / Help Needed! / Prince Henry Off The Plan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of QMQM
    Participant
    @qm

Hi,

Has anyone hear/know about the development sit at Little Bay Sydney?…residential apartments being released and purchased off the plan. I would appreciate as much feedback as possible in regards to knowledge opf the proposed development, location and pros and cons when buying off the plan (eg am I able to sell the partment prior to completion/settlement??)
    Many thanks.

Profile photo of AjaxAjax
    Participant
    @ajax

There's a guy I know who lives near there was saying the area is prone to break-ins. There is a low socio-economic area just the other side of Anzac Parade. I wonder whether this guy is just being overly negative. Where else can you buy a new property in Sydney's Eastern suburbs with golf course and ocean views and easy access to a beach (Little Bay Beach), fishing, golf, diving etc.  

Have often thought if I had access to the $ this would be a good area for capital gains.  

http://www.sydneydive.com.au/content/view/30/27/

"

NEW! Tek Course
    Learn To Dive
    Event Calendar
    SDA Map
    Dive Courses
    Latest Newsletter
    Dive Sites
    Gear Purchase
    Gear Hire
    Contact us
    Dive Club
    OnlineButton3a_125_125.jpg

Little Bay Beach

Written by Marty Hing (Instructor, SDA) 

Off ANZAC Pde.  Near the old Prince Henry Hospital.  Do not park in the Chapel area as this is a great inconvenience for locals and those who are attending services here. There is plenty of designated parking in the area. 

Local Creatures: 

There are often large schools of old wife and long finned pike hanging around the boulders.  Giant cuttlefish and morey eels hide amongst the boulders and under the ledges.  Octopus are quite common in the inner bay, and I have seen several pipefish along the sand line within the inner bay. 

Amenities: 

There are no toilets here.  There is a phone in the golf course club house locates south of the beach.

Experience Level: 

Beginners to advanced

Precautions:

Watch out for airborne golf balls and speeding golf carts!  Outside the inner bay can get quite rough in both northerly and southerly swells.  

Best time to dive: 

Dive right on high tide for the best visibility

Entry/Exit: 

Entry and exit straight off the beach.  The rocks on the southern end of the beach are the best place to enter.

Navigation: 

Little bay is a double bay.  After entering at the southern end of the beach swim out about 20m and descend.  You will only be in about 2m of water here.  Follow the rocks as they begin to head north-east.  There is a small breakwall at the entrance of the inner bay.  Swim over this and head out to the east.  There will be rock ledges on your right to explore and poke around the boulders.  From here you can decide to follow the north wall or the south wall.  Both walls head east for about 100m.  and get to about 15m depth.  There is a bowl of sand in the middle.  Follow your chosen wall until your turn around point and then head back into the bay. 

Points of Interest: 

Search the various tumbled boulders and ledges for giant cuttlefish and morey eels.   

Tips from the pro: 

Take a small tank for this dive.  You have to walk up a fairly steep hill after the dive.  This is a great night dive"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.