All Topics / Help Needed! / How to Subdivide & build ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of homerunhomerun
    @homerun

Hello everybody, I’m interested in learning what steps are involved while sub dividing land, government/council regulations to comply, building code etc as a hobby. The problem is I don’t know where to start. Are there any publications/references available without going to Uni? I’m sure there will be lot of technical stuff involved but I’m willing to spend some spare time to learn. Anyone here who can point me in right direction? 

Thanks!

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster
    Profile photo of l_b29265l_b29265
    Participant
    @l_b29265

The best way to start is to find out as much through your Council LEP(local environment plan) /DCP- you can probably download from the council website in the area you are looking at, and also go into the Council office(or call) with the address, and see if its suitable for a subdivision. Go in and have a chat to a Council DUTY officer – this is the best way to start learning about it.  There are many factors, some of whcih are the zoning of the site(council will advise this and there are zoning maps available also), then there is the size of the site(is it big enough to subdivide), frontage of the site(is it wide enough), also many other things to consider if it already has a building on it. You may need to pay for access  to be built to the site also(i.e – driveway or road) First step should be to talk to Council who will point you in the right direction. To subdivide you may need to provide new services to the second block, have plans drawn up(by a draftsperson or architect, and engineering consultant for the services) to submit to Council for approval, and get an idea of the fees involved for the provision of the services to the site-maybe contact a local builder for an estimate once you know what you want.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.