All Topics / Value Adding / Developing Interstate

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

Hi All,
                I am currently looking to buy a house on a large block subdivide and develop in QLD.  The reason I am choosing QLD is I will be living there in 18mths and grew up in the area I am looking to develop in.  A few people have questioned my ability to manage the project sucessfully from Melbourne.  There are many stories about nightmare builders etc. I understand that it will be difficult.  I was wanting to get others opinons on developing interstate and how they manage the development (trying to avoid using a company).

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Finding a site, settlement, getting conultants, plans & DA will take some months. Why not look to a delayed settlement allowing DA  to be achieved and start works closer to when tou relocate?

Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

Thanks Scott. I am aware of the time frame it takes.  That is my second option what you have mentioned.  However my mindset
    is there is no time like the present.  And as such my goal is to have a couple of developments complete before my move back to
    QLD.  With these developments complete I would look to live off some of the money made off the developments in order to cease
    my current employment.

Profile photo of BluegrassBluegrass
    Participant
    @bluegrass

Hello
    My first questions are:
    What is your budget?
    Where do you want the land?

We are builders and do a lot of work for interstate clients.
    Our web site is     http://www.sandsky.com.au
    Have a look and we can help with all your needs.
    Regards
    Kevin
    041 0033 658

Profile photo of hleunghleung
    Participant
    @hleung

There are companies around that will do all the work for you.  For example, Developers Edge source land, build the house and even organise a tenant for you.  Some of his clients live interstate and even overseas.  Some of them never personally see the property before it is tenanted out.  

I recently had a house built by his organisation and was very impressed with his product.  And no, I don't work for him, I'm not related or a close friend neither do I get anything out of my endorsement.  I'm just happy with the way he handled the whole project.

I'd strongly advise you not to organise the project yourself as it is difficult enough when you are living in the same town.  Leave it to the experts who know the local regulations and are in regular contact with tradesmen.

Profile photo of RyzakRyzak
    @ryzak

Hi Fredo
    We are active investors living in Cairns. Property is doing very well here. Would be very interested in a JV for development of a block in Cairns into units/townhouses.
    Actually have been investigating a couple of sites that may be very suitable.
    We are not professional developers (yet!) but have good contacts with building designers/architects, surveyors, town planners and experience with council locally.
    Let me know if you would like to discuss further, email: [email protected]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.