All Topics / Help Needed! / Suburbs within 10km from Brisbane City

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of nitrodropsnitrodrops
    @nitrodrops

Hi All,

Currently looking for a property $450K within 10km from Brisbane city. Any good suburbs to recommend?
    Have been staying in inner-city all these while, dont have a feeling of the North or South.

Also, is there anywhere i can find the crime statistics? Have googled for a while, but no luck.

Any kind replies are much appreciated.

Cheers
    Nit

Profile photo of eldrednieldredni
    @eldredni

The suburb I would look at purchasing a Unit In Brisbane would be Nundah approx 5km from the CBD, units median prices are 340k which is in your price wage and has great capital growth in the past 12 months at around 15%.

Profile photo of nitrodropsnitrodrops
    @nitrodrops
    eldredni wrote:
    The suburb I would look at purchasing a Unit In Brisbane would be Nundah approx 5km from the CBD, units median prices are 340k which is in your price wage and has great capital growth in the past 12 months at around 15%.

Looking for a house, mate.

Nundah is slightly more than 10km. But it comes with a rail.

Profile photo of jazamitejazamite
    @jazamite

banyo / nudgee is a great area.  entry level homes are still under $400k.  Can still pick up a house on a double block for just over the median house price however on major roads or the industrial side of Banyo.  Better double block sites are selling for around the $450k+ mark and over $500k for a partially renovated houses.  I like the area a lot – it has a train station, bus stops, doctors, two supermarkets, restaurants, cafe – all just about to get a huge facelift thanks to the BCC and local shop owners.  Not to mention the Australian Catholic University which moved to Banyo about 4 years ago.  Its an international uni so loads of money to rent rooms at $150 a week which is common.  Its smack bang between the gateway and sandgate road and for the golf lover has two excellent golf courses to each side.  Bordering suburs include Northgate, Virginia, then the more upmarket suburbs such as Nundah, Wavell Heights.  Comparable homes in those areas are anywhere between $75k – $200k  more than banyo / nudgee – I believe the ripple effect will lead to strong growth in this area over the short-term. cheers jazamite

@nitrodrops
    jazamite wrote:
    banyo / nudgee is a great area.  entry level homes are still under $400k.  Can still pick up a house on a double block for just over the median house price however on major roads or the industrial side of Banyo.  Better double block sites are selling for around the $450k+ mark and over $500k for a partially renovated houses.  I like the area a lot – it has a train station, bus stops, doctors, two supermarkets, restaurants, cafe – all just about to get a huge facelift thanks to the BCC and local shop owners.  Not to mention the Australian Catholic University which moved to Banyo about 4 years ago.  Its an international uni so loads of money to rent rooms at $150 a week which is common.  Its smack bang between the gateway and sandgate road and for the golf lover has two excellent golf courses to each side.  Bordering suburs include Northgate, Virginia, then the more upmarket suburbs such as Nundah, Wavell Heights.  Comparable homes in those areas are anywhere between $75k – $200k  more than banyo / nudgee – I believe the ripple effect will lead to strong growth in this area over the short-term. cheers jazamite

Just curious, surburbs such as Banyo and Nundah are close to Brisbane Airport, does it means they are noiser there? noises from the aircrafts?

Profile photo of jazamitejazamite
    @jazamite

yes they are close to the airport only a couple of klms in a straight line away.  the runways are parrallel to these suburbs so they are not under the flight path unlike more exlusive suburbs in Brisbane like Hendra / Norman Park etc which can get very noisy

@nitrodrops
    jazamite wrote:

yes they are close to the airport only a couple of klms in a straight line away.  the runways are parrallel to these suburbs so they are not under the flight path unlike more exlusive suburbs in Brisbane like Hendra / Norman Park etc which can get very noisy

Spoke to a mate, he said Banyo is pretty flat, prone to flooding, is that true?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.