All Topics / Help Needed! / Australian residential Property Planners (ARPP)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of MarkW59MarkW59
    @markw59

Hi all

first post and first time IP buyer.
    I am doing research on IP and have come across this group.
    Has anyone had any experience of them – good or bad?

Thanks

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Must admit i always get concerned on any website when i read " We are funded through our many referral alliances with builders and developers throughout Australia".

In short we get paid a commission to point you in the direction of a property. [moderator edit: tone]

No one begrudges any organisation from earning a commission or profit however a lot of these property marketing organisations have a bad reputation when it comes to selling overpriced properties.

As a Broker it is something we see a lot of and try and point our clients in the direction of an independant buyers agent acting on your behalf rather than the developers behalf.

There are a couple of good ones who contribute on the forum here so why not get a 2nd opinion on what they have to offer.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of FinSpecFinSpec
    @finspec

If you're still interested in what they have to offer, hear them out and then post the details back here – you're certain to get solid feedback from other posters here who have as good as or more experience than the people you are talking to. 

Additionally, property is always about research, research research.

Then, you can base you decisions around solid research, reasoning and qualified opinion. 

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Although do not do as 1 forum member who contacted me this afternoon has done with a similar organiation and that is part with ANY money upfront.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of MarkW59MarkW59
    @markw59

(Bump)
    anyone with any experience of them??

tks

Profile photo of disappointeddisappointed
    @disappointed

Was silly enough to go with these guys.  Would not do it again.  They only have properties from whoever they are working with.  This limits the available properties.
    My property has never come close to renting at the rate they promised, and now that it is surrounded by other rental properties the competitiveness means the rent has come down in recent times.  Add to this the fact that my tennants aren't great but it is difficult to get renters so I have to put up with them.
    These guys recommended a financial company (you have to pay the finance guys) and they were terrible.  The messed up the first mortgage and got a really bad second one.  These people were so terrible I have had to vow never to use anyone else ever again to handle my finances.
    These guys also recommended a "legal firm" to handle the conveyancing.  These people were hopeless. They took a fee did almost nothing and then expected us to organise everything at the last minute.  Ring in the morning, tell us settlement is in 3 hours and that we have to get the money to them.  If anyone suggests Queen street legal group, smack em in the mouth and stay well clear.
    Overall if I could go back in time and not spend my cash I would – but I would rather go back even further and ensure that I never contacted ARPP in the first place.
    My advice, avoid at all costs and find someone else

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.