All Topics / Help Needed! / What are the acutal costs from purchasing a IP from the Investors Club

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of PosEnterprisesPosEnterprises
    @posenterprises

Hi everyone can anyone please advise exactly what you are paying for if you purchase a IP through the investors club!

I heard that you have to pay a fee to Kevin Young Company is that true!

Cheers

Profile photo of diggerdigzitdiggerdigzit
    @diggerdigzit

I doubt it is the Kevin Young Companyy in name, but the vendor pays a larger than normal commission that goes to K.Y., also to branch manager, a support member, the reseacher who finds the property and then head office like a slice too. That was how it used to be and i am sure it probably still is. So even though they say it;s the vendor paying, common sense will tell you that the vendor would sell for less outside of the club. Also it was that you couldn't make an offer on a property, again that was a few years back, so that may have changed.
    My advice is listen to what they preach, just buy elsewhere, you will get a better deal. do your own research, it really isn't that hard.

Profile photo of PosEnterprisesPosEnterprises
    @posenterprises

Thanks Digger

Just not sure how to buy over East – don't know how the settlement process works over there compared to WA. 

Profile photo of FinSpecFinSpec
    @finspec
    PosEnterprises wrote:
    Thanks Digger

Just not sure how to buy over East – don't know how the settlement process works over there compared to WA. 

What state are you looking to buy in?  Then we can let you know the settlement process

Some buying groups or buyers agents are good to buy through, however it's best to do heaps of research and talk to a lot of people if you're going to use one.  Nothing beats personal research at the end of the day.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

No payment to the IC however the vendor will pay a minimum of 6% of the purchase price by way of a commission.

Certainly from my experience with the TIC usually means the property is overpriced.

Conveyance in Qld is easy we have a standard Contract which is subject usually to finance and building & pest inspections and on the due dates you can either go unconditional or request an extension (of course the Vendor doesnt have to agree to grant this). Settlement is then a fortnight to 3 weeks later.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of QGMQGM
    @qgm

Qlds007

Minimum 6% ?  How do you know this to be a fact?  

If developer sells property at the same price to the public as you can purchase through TIC how does this mean property is usually overpriced?  More importantly – how is it then construed that because a higher commission may be paid to such groups that the buyer is buying an overpriced property. 

Are you suggesting that a developer only market his property through "traditional" type agencies? 

Many developers as you are aware rely on a certain percentage of off-the-plan sales before commencing a project.  The best method for marketing is to utilise the services of groups such as TIC.  Sales are made at a quicker rate, allowing the developer to commence sooner and hence reduce holding & construction costs, making the end product  cheaper for ALL buyers.  Longer lead in times for sales always ends up in higher costs to all.

Be aware that some of the larger "traditional" agencies have project marketing divisions and make no mistake THEY ALSO are paid higher than normal commissions.  Are these also to be classified as groups selling "overpriced" property?

A developer has the right to sell their property for a price that the market is prepared to pay.  If they don't sell then the market  price is too high – the buying market today is very aware of value for money and proper research by any buyer will show value of a product in the area.  

If a developer is able to sell more properties through groups (be they traditional or non-traditional) and is prepared to negotiate a higher commission to reward effort, BUT still keeping the price the same for ALL buyers then the only person "losing" money is the developer. 

There seems to be an underlying sense in these forums that groups such as TIC are somehow doing the wrong thing by buyers.

Has anyone investigated just how much money some of these groups contribute to a variety of charities throughout the country.
    The amounts might just stagger you.

It's about time people took responsibility for their actions when it comes to spending their "hard earned."  There are plenty of safety measures in the market place today to protect consumers when it comes to property investment so why not utilise them first instead of blaming everybody else after the horse has bolted.

That's my rant and no I am not a member of TIC or any such group. 

The best safeguard I have found to save me from paying for an overpriced property is to structure my fiances so each property stands alone as security for the loan.  Lenders will soon tell me if I can't secure finance based on valuations – alarm bells ring and I don't proceed.  Simple.

Glad that's off my chest. 

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Quiet easily

Minimum 6% ?  How do you know this to be a fact?  

They have sold over 100 of my developed properties over the last 14 years and we have always paid a minimum of 6%.

The prices for the TIC and the local agent were not the same. In many cases we presented the TIC with a copy of a full valuation report undertaken by a major firm who we used for the feasability study as well for our Bankers and subseqent clients for financing.

The TIC (and i have correspondance to verify this) used to decide on what price they would market the property for irrespective of the stated valuation.

There seems to be an underlying sense in these forums that groups such as TIC are somehow doing the wrong thing by buyers. The Qld Office of Fair Trading as well as ASIC didnt seem to agree with you after their findings into the operation of THE CLUB.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of diggerdigzitdiggerdigzit
    @diggerdigzit

On the soapbox again QGM,

Yes, Developers should sell their properties at a lower price through traditional agencies,

Yes, other "traditional agencies"with marketing arms are selling over priced property…. absolutely. You will notice they have marketing companies aside from the agency name so they can claim the fees it is illegal for a real estate agency to claim.

Also have a look in your real estate section and you will see plenty of new stock now being sold at anywhere up to hundred thousand dollars less than the initial purchasers have paid – who by the way were obviously valued up by the banks a year ago, thus providing the hapless investor a  nice sense of security. And don't blame any financial downturn, happens everyday regardless. But i suppose that's just too bad, buyer beware.

Investors Club, read the posts on them, i don't think the sentiment is all that underlying.

If there were enough safety measures in place, then these high fees would be non existent. It's all come from the two tier marketing days and have just been transformed to lurk in the dark depths of loopholes. And make no mistake yourself QGM, they will transform again when they need to. These fees don't reward hard work, they fund the marketers method of hard sell, exactly the same as T.I.C. which is pretty funny when you consider the way they run down real estate agents.

Buyer beware, yeh yeh, I geddit,  great, okay, your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it, but the fact is people just should not be allowed to take advantage of anyone at all regardless of whether they are the village idiot or some innocent just starting out. These gays and gals are slick operators and the good ones are extremely smooth and credible. They know how to talk someone through the sale and while the cooling off period may save a few, they are always 'ön hand" to talk you through the buyers remorse (everyone gets it, right)

oh and please enlighten me, how much do these guys give to charities, i would love to know. you obviously do, which leads me to believe you may be a bit more involved than you let on.Whistle Just an opinion.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.