All Topics / General Property / Houses or Units

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of donWdonW
    @donw

Hi All,

I want to do some research on property growth in semidetached properties. I’m a bit confused when it comes to statistics for such properties in RP Data as in whether I should look at house statistics or unit statistics.

I need some help here.. :)  

Cheers

Don

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Unfortunately there is no easy way – they are listed under houses (as they are houses). You may need to use google maps or whatever to view the exterior or do a lot of driving around.

Profile photo of donWdonW
    @donw

Hi Scott,

Actually my question is, if I know that I’m looking for semi-detached properties, how would I find statistics about such properties in data bases such as RP Data or Residex (growth for such properties in last 5 years, median price etc..)? I’m not talking about how to figure out a certain property is semi-detached or not!

Cheers
    Don

Participant
    @scott-no-mates

They are not tracked individually so you will need to get a suburb-wide printout over a period of 5-7 years (or longer) and search out the resales.

Profile photo of donWdonW
    @donw

Let me try to put it in another way!!! :)

If I want to get an idea about how the median house prices have varied over a period, I would look for house statistics…

If I want to get an idea about how the median unit prices have varied over a period, I would look for unit statistics…

BUT:

If I want to get an idea about how the median prices have varied for semi-detached properties over a period, where should I look for?
    Is it categorized under house statistics or uni statistics?

Cheers

Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Don, they are houses so you will need to review all of the house sales stats and extract the semis (see comment #1), put them in an excel spreadsheet and calculate your own metrics.

Profile photo of diggerdigzitdiggerdigzit
    @diggerdigzit

With RP Data its all fine and well to look at the figures but as they dont differentiate between …well anything actually… their figures are a general guide at the very best. They dont take into consideration fire sales, auctions, mortagee sales and a house that has five walls missing due to the fire last month. Semi detached, i am guessing is what i would call a duplex, is listed under houses generally, so that will make it even harder.

Forget RP data, just talk to local agents and lots of them. Talk directly to an agent and just ask the questions, might cost  twenty bucks in gas – if it's in your area, if not twenty bucks in phone calls. Probably more worthwhile.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.