All Topics / Help Needed! / Worth to Buy? 350k but current capital value is 240K

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Profile photo of Aj_RichoAj_Richo
    Participant
    @aj_richo

The form your wife spotted was probably an Rpdata printout for the property or perhaps a rates notice.
    Both usually have a capital value on them, related to what the valuer-general in SA last assesed them at.

Often it is below what the property is marketed at.

Once upon a time, if you bought within 10% of assesed captial value, you did well. The problem in the last few years when the boom was on, was the assesed capital value from the valuer-general was a long way behind the marketed price. 

They are catching up though, especially if you have multiple properties for land tax purposes.

Profile photo of danielleedaniellee
    @daniellee

Hi, Jack

Have you looked at the council valuation that comes with the sec 32 for the property. In the council valuation, it should provide you with the land value, the Capital improved value and the Net Asset Value (NAV).

Land Value – speaks for itself
    Capital improved value – value of the the house / unit itself
    NAV – Councils typical use this to calculate your rates, etc.

Surely, there would have been a Sec 32. The doc will also inform you of any future roads / rail, compulsory acquisition of land, etc.

Regards
    Daniel

Profile photo of JackNiJackNi
    @jackni

I think I can't see this before the cooling off start. how can I find out these info

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.