All Topics / General Property / Property Investing Bootcamps And Refund Policy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Casper_1000Casper_1000
    Participant
    @casper_1000

I recently received an email promoting a 3 day property investor bootcamp that runs all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Apparently as part of their refund policy they say that if you’re not satisfied by the Sunday lunchtime then you can get a total refund. No questions asked.

Sunday lunchtime is over 80% of the duration of the bootcamp. What’s to stop everyone from leaving then and asking for their money back?
    To m it’s like the equivalent of going to a restaurant and being allowed to eat 80% of a meal and having the option to walk out without paying. Rather than having a refund policy on a sliding scale of duration you can get 80% of their knowhow for free is you wanted. Does that mean that 80% of what they offer is nothing special and the really valuable knowledge is only given out after Sunday lunchtime?

What are other peoples opinions about this?

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

The people who run these seminars are pretty savvy business people.  If you want to get a refund, you will have to fill out stacks of paperwork and in the meantime the people behind the seminars will be putting their more than adequate sales skills to work convincing you that the course was worthwhile. 

Besides, the majority of people who are dissatisfied with a product that comes with a guarantee don't bother chasing up a refund.  The "guarantee" is again, a very clever sales technique.

This is not a criticism of these seminars, or the people who run them; just a comment on the realities of how they run.

Cheers

K

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I had a friend who went to the $16,000 Henry Kaye bootcamp, many years ago now, with the intention of leaving before lunch time on the last day and receiving her money back.

She ended up staying for the full program and forfeiting this right because of getting caught up in all the hype during the seminar. Also there will be not notification at the time and it is easy to forget.

My friend regrets it now – she is still paying off the loan to get into the course.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

$16K buys a helluva lot of CPD or real courses. So I'd be wary of what someone could teach me for $16k no guarantees.

Profile photo of James_JohnsonJames_Johnson
    @james_johnson

you will find that no one will offer you a full refund if within 12 months of the course you don't make the money that they said you would. I have asked numerous presenters that question.

Interestingly, many lawyers work on a no win/ no fee basis but property spruiker's (who are good at marketing) refuse to.

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Interestingly, all lawyers who offer a no win/no fee service, don't offer this service to anyone that walks in off the street, with any old case.  The case is looked at and weighed up very closely before no win/no fee is offered.

Anecdotal information tells us that 80% of people who go to any form of seminar, to learn something new, will do absolutely nothing with the information.  Does that mean we should not allow these seminars to continue?  Or should we ask the presenter to give away all his/her aquired information and knowledge to 80% of the attendees and make the other 20% pay?

I've got to admit, I have paid for a few seminars and happily remained in the 80%.  However, in 2003 my wife and I grabbed hold of the information in one seminar and actually did the required activity/work. We were pretty lousey at it at first but the result is that we are now working full time, in the business that has grown out of this activity/work.

There are always two sides of the story ;-)

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.