All Topics / Help Needed! / which area is good to live in melbourne?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of mrkueh80mrkueh80
    @mrkueh80

which area is nice to live in melbourne??? I am moving from perth to melbourne, and my budget only 300k.

I would prefer a house instead of apartment/unit.

I know is pretty hard to get this price range and dont mind looking about 30km cbd.

I have looked at in Dandenong and reservoir or above…can anyone let me know how is these area and any crime or problem?

many thanks

Profile photo of FinSpecFinSpec
    @finspec

It really comes down to the lifestyle that you want to live – where you're going to be working etc etc.  If you want to be close to certain things etc etc. 

Post a little bit more about your expectations, that will help.

Profile photo of martoamartoa
    @martoa

For a house in that range I recommend outlying suburbs like Craigieburn, Tarneit & Caroline Springs / Melton. Again, depends on your lifestyle but all 3 are close to major infrastructure roads & public transport with houses around 300K. You can check crime & area demographics here: http://www.investsmart.com.au/property/default.asp?s_cid=domain
    Reservoir is fairly central (12kms from CBD) but very hard to find a house around 300K there these days.

Profile photo of mrkueh80mrkueh80
    @mrkueh80

I will be moving to melbourne with my partner, and she will be a pharmacist end of this year, I will have to make sure she got the job, becuse for me, i probably will start my own business in melbourne. I dont want both of us no income at the beginning.

my idea business probably will be a franchise food business or may be start my own fish and chips shop. still dont know yet…

my friend told me move to clayton (which i finish my study back in 5 years ago) i like clayton but the house is gone up too much and cant affort it..and the price is about 450k for 3/1 town house.. dont think will double up in 5 years..i would rather invest in between 300-400k as still have room to increase.

dandenong is still pretty reasonble, is a second largest city in melbourne right?? but not sure about demographic area.

Melton is pretty cheap…200k- 300k can get a house and land package. but the surronding area seem bit far.. and too far to city.

i might afraid that after first home grant finish end of this year..the property will start dropping…thats why the safer bet is between 300k house.

unless Australian dollar devalue again then oversea buyer have money to buy property in aus.

thats my though.

I prefer not too far to city area, my friends staying in carnegie and mostly will go out for dinner every weekend :) 

Profile photo of mimmim
    @mim

You may want to checkout http://www.myinvestmentmanager.com.au located in Caroline Springs

Profile photo of mxdmxd
    @mxd

I would posably ignoe dandenong, I am not to sure what the growth will be like (high unemployment etc..)

Maybe look at Seafors, that could be a bit of a hot spot for the future.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.