All Topics / Commercial Property / Office Suites (Melbourne CBD) as a Commercial Investments?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of jimmyboyjimmyboy
    @jimmyboy

Hi All,

I would like to seek your opinions on this area of commercial investment (office suites).
    Are they worth considering?  I assumed there will be ongoing costs involve (body corp,etc)
    Can anyone provide me a quick insight on the pros/cons.
    Do you currently own these type of investments?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Jim, as with all investments you will need to undertake your due dilligence (more than just doing the numbers), you will also need to be prepared to handle long vacancies eg 6-12 months in return for a 3-5 year lease. You may have to provide incentives eg rent free periods or capital towards fitout, you will need to engage a solicitor (or a very clued up property professional) to explain all of your rights & obligations and how these differ from residential investment (or others eg retail/shops). You may need to consider professional management ie commercial REA. Invlolvement in BC is usually minimal as most owners are investors and do not live/work in the premises unlike residential (unfortunately) – just my observation over many years is that there are very few well maintained strata commercial/industrial properties and strata retail rarely works (for shopping complexes) as there are too many interested parties to have a well-directed centre manager.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.