All Topics / General Property / FHOG – CONFUSION

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of qbnjuggernautqbnjuggernaut
    @qbnjuggernaut

Hi

I have a question for anybody that has enquired into the FHOG (NSW) that may be of some assistance.

First question:

To access the current grant, is it true that if you have not owned a property before July 2000, you can access the current grant?  I did have access to the grant in AUG 2000, and i wish to purchase a new house(as a principle place of residence)  I am in the process of selling my current place of residence – i dont have any other properties.

Would i qualify – i have checked the osr(nsw) website and it is confusing to read. PLEASE HELP!!!!

any info would be of great assistance!!!!

QBNJUGGERNAUT

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

If you have owned a PPOR (to which you have said yes) – then you do not get it.
    If you have previously recieved the grant (to which you have said yes) – then you do not get it.

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Yes it is confusing this statement below is the cause.

you or your spouse (including de facto spouse) have not resided in a residential property in Australia in which you acquired an interest, on or after 1 July 2000 for a continuous period of at least six months
    reference from
    http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/benefits/first_home/faqs/fhogs/eligibility/

If you have owned a PPOR (to which you have said yes) – then you do not get it. {scott's comment}

if you resided in the property then it is seen as PPOR

strangely if it had been an investment property after 1 july 2000 and you didn't get the grant then you have not resided in the property and are eligible for the grant.

if you are like me and purchased the investment property before 1/7/2000 then you can't access the grant even though the next property would be your first PPOR house.

Profile photo of qbnjuggernautqbnjuggernaut
    @qbnjuggernaut

Thanks everybody – your comments have been helpful, and i am sure that people will find your comments helpful!!!

qbnjuggernaut

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.