All Topics / General Property / BUILDERS IN MELBOURNE

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ARNOLOGYARNOLOGY
    Participant
    @arnology

Hi ALL,

I am not too sure – if this question really belongs here on this forum – but I might as well give it a try!!

We are looking at building our home in the West of Melbourne (tarneit, point cook etc) – just wondering if anyone has had any experience with builders.

I have seen a few display homes – but cannot really decide who to go with – everyone is offering luxury upgrades etc to attract buyers – not too sure on any of their building quality though.

Few builders include – Porter Davis, Carlisle, National Builders, Simmonds etc.

Any idea – any one??

Thanks!!!

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates
    Profile photo of gezzygezzy
    @gezzy

I think at times it doesn't matter who you build with, some people will have problems, others may not. My wife and I built with Porter Davis (in Point Cook) and have been in our house since March of last year. We have had nothing but headaches since we moved in and just last night we came home to one of the toilets not flushing. We have had to write letters in the past threatening legal action just to get a response out of them in relation to problems, defects etc. Their displays are beautiful (which is no surprise) but their customer service and actual work is appalling. We vowed if we ever had to build a house again, it definitely would not be with them. But like I said, that's been our experience and I guess not everyone has problems. But so you know, I have 3 workmates who have built with Porter Davis in Tarneit, Point Cook and Sanctuary Lakes and every one of them have had problems. I was warned but I didn't take the comments to heart – I've learnt the hard way but it's been a long, painful, frustrating learning experience.

Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.