All Topics / Value Adding / When do I polishing the wooden floors

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ellsabellsab
    @ellsab

I'm in the process of doing up the inside of the house, have changed a few walls, moved the kitchen, new bathrooms, etc.

I'll also be polishing the floors that have had carpet all these years, and would like to know when is the best time to get the floors done?  Should I do them before I paint the walls, and install the kitchen, or have the walls and kitchen done first, then get the pros to come in and do their stuff?

Profile photo of sonyasalsonyasal
    @sonyasal

i would work from top to bottom, so that if there are any mishaps with paint or scratching of the floors when installing the new kitchen cupboards you are not ruining your new floors. Also if you have not had any experience polishing floors i would get them done professionally. if you can, ask if you can see their work, to be sure that they deliver a good quality finish. if they are truly professional they should have previous clients who are happy to show you the finsihed product.

good luck

sonya

Profile photo of jazz77jazz77
    @jazz77

finish everything!! (except carpets and curtains) then do a big clean up before getting the floor guys in. Any large gaps under external doors or in windows should be taped up to prevent dust entering during drying time. Allow about a week from start to finish for the polishing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.