All Topics / Help Needed! / Would a regional shire be likely to oblige me in this one ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of MisterMister
    @mister

Hi guys

Just a couple of things . I'm looking at a 5ac place that is part residence and part X shop, Vic regional. It has a long bitumen pull in running beside it which was once for shop customers.
    Now it mainly just has a few cars pulling in for a rest here and there and it also has a school bus stop down a bit and a pay phone .
    It's very wide , around 20 mtrs and so this often puts any cars that do stop there right beside the house or the x shop – which is now just part of the residence, so the parkers ruin the property .
    Do you think the shire, council whatever would narrow it off for me and how would I go about approaching them on this ?
    It could easily go down to 7 or 8 mtrs wide and that would leave a much better buffer distance between the residence and any cars, plus also leave room to then plant that area out properly and create an even better buffer.
    The property is just on a country road, nothing else going on there .

The second thing are some letter boxes, still right out the front of the residence, probably from the shop days . This means 4 or 5 strangers and virtually collecting their mail from the front yard of the residence everyday.
    What would be the chances of getting those shifted , preferably back to their owners damn driveways like all the other properties have along this stretch .
    And who would I approach about that one ?

Thanks for any ad'
    Cheers

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

What is the zoning on the property? Is it RSD (roadside mail delivery?). Is the road shire or state owned? I would say it is possible if your willing to pay for the work?

Profile photo of MisterMister
    @mister

Thanks Maree

Yes it's RSD . On that one with another property I owned, I shifted the mail box 1 k up the road. I just left a note for the posty saying tomorrow I'm shifting my mail box upto , no problem . He just went there from that day on which he went straight past the spot anyway so. But this one isn't quite as simple as they aren't my mail boxes .
    The pull in I'd say is shire owned . Do you think they would actually charge me for the work , it's their roading and it's disturbing a residence , well that was going to be my argument anyway ?
    This place is cheap because of this stuff but I wouldn't want to go paying the shire none the less.
    I could actually just lay down 2 truckloads of soil myself for $500 and plant over that , another option . Not sure if they'd turn up the next day though and make me undo it of course, or whether they'd even notice .

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

might be worth talking to a shire councillor – good luck with the venture

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.