All Topics / Help Needed! / Does anybody know much about the current stamp duty consessions in QLD?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of mpertilempertile
    @mpertile

Hi,

My wife and I are looking to purchase a PPOR. We rent currently. I have not previously owned a PPOR, but my wife has, which disqualifies us for the first home owners grant, or so I am led to believe.

I was wondering however whether we would still qualify for the stamp duty concession in QLD, which allows you to purchase a PPOR up to $500k without having to pay stamp duty?

I own some investment properties in my personal name only, and my wife and I also own other investment properties together as trustees in a discretionary trust.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

If you purchase as a couple you will not qualify for the Qld stamp duty concession.

Might be away around it by buying in her name and you act as Guarantor but many lenders wont like that despite the obvious relationship. 

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of mpertilempertile
    @mpertile

Thanks Richard, I appreciate the advice.  Why is it that my wife qualifies and I don't?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

My apologies i have reread your original post and stand corrected.

Neither of you will qualify for the Stamp Duty concession as both of you have owned a residential property previously one of you owning a previous PPOR and the other a previous IP.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of mpertilempertile
    @mpertile

D'oh!

Thanks for the advice Richard!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.