Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of PropertySeekerPropertySeeker
    Participant
    @propertyseeker

Hi everyone,

I'm about to attend an auction for a unit, I have checked it out and like what I see. I have details like strata levy, council rates, water rates and I also have the contract. What else should I investigate that may potentially make it a bad buy?

Thanks
    PropertySeeker

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Flick the contract to your solicitor/conveyancer to review (they usually don't charge to review the contract, provided that you go ahead with a purchase within a reasonable time).
    If necessary do all of your building/pest reports & have solicitor review the strata minutes to ensure that there is no disharmony/adverse conditions existing within the complex, also ensures that you are aware of any special levies that may be forthcoming, the strata scheme is financial & its records have been audited (esp where there have been high expenses).

Profile photo of dsmithdsmith
    @dsmith

Apart from what SNM mentioned, I would definitely be checking out past sales within that block and for units nearby. For the case of a few dollars, you can find out exactly what sort of levels you should be paying. Paying too much could be far worse than any other hiccup..

Cheers
    Danny

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.