All Topics / Finance / Personal Loans

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of PropertyPaulPropertyPaul
    @propertypaul

Hi,

Just wondering if any of the brokers could recommend the easiest/best place to get a personal loan?

Thanks,

PP

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Paul

To be honest an unsecured personal loan would have to be the hardest type of loan to obtain in the current climate and i think unless you have a good asset base, job security and squeeky clean credit you will struggle to get anything.

These loans are solely credit scored with little human credit intervention so other than the big 4 try one of the smaller credit unions or building societies as they maybe finding business a bit slow.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of PropertyPaulPropertyPaul
    @propertypaul

Thanks Richard

Might try for an increase to my CC limit instead…

Profile photo of KailynKailyn
    @kailyn

You might try prosper.com or a local credit union.

high interest savings

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates
    PropertyPaul wrote:
    Thanks Richard

Might try for an increase to my CC limit instead…

Only if you have a low interest rate (don't do it if you will be charged 16% etc – find a cheaper card or roll the debt over onto a cheaper card

Profile photo of Brett1964Brett1964
    Participant
    @brett1964

Hi Paul

I agree with the sentiment stated by Richard (above). Unsecured PL's are very hard to obtain now.

I have had some success with obtaining Personal loans for clients, but only when those clients have a pre existing relationship with that lender,  have strong asset backing, stable income and no adverse credit. All the majors advise they still provide PL's but if you are "new to bank" your likelihood of success with that bank is very slim.

Interest rates vary from 12- 16% for unsecured personal loans but would normally be at the higher end of the scale now.

If you do seek an increase by CC – review the actual cost of cash advances with that CC as the rates for cash advances can be different from purchases.

Please also be aware if transferring CC balance to a new lender, be aware of honeymoon offers (such as Citibank offering now – 0% for 6 months on balance transfer but rate converts to19%). Other providers at around 12%pa may be a better option.

Kind regards
    Brett Tayler
    Finance Manager
    Visionary Lending Solutions
    ph 07 3226 9064

[email protected]

Profile photo of KailynKailyn
    @kailyn

I want to know how do I get get a personal loan of a decent amount of money. Repayement of loan should be in EMIs. I have newly made PAN card, so haven't any IT return at all. Everybody is asking for 1-2-3 years IT returns…

high interest savings

Profile photo of bettyallenbettyallen
    Participant
    @bettyallen
    Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Credit unions are usually pretty good for personal loans. You may be able to use an existing vehicle as security and get a lower rate too.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.