All Topics / Help Needed! / Brisbane Property

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of nitrodropsnitrodrops
    @nitrodrops

Hi All,

Need to seek some kind advices.

Currently looking for a residential property to be stayed for a year, after a year would like to rent it out, as I am aiming to go overseas for work. In short, this property will mostly be bought for investment purposes.

I have a budget of $400K, i am currently looking at apartments in the inner-west surburbs (3-5kms from City) such as Toowong, Taringa and Indooroopilly. Also, i am looking at Townhouses located in the south such as Dutton Park, Yeronga, Yeerongpilly, Fairfield ( <6kms from city).

The reason I am targetting these surburbs is because while i am still working in Brisbane, i have to travel occasionally, and hence Missus has to take train to city to work.

Will look for a property which is close to infrastructures such as trains and etc.

1.) Since this is a investment property, will an apartment of Townshouse give a better return yield?

2.) Which property will be easier to manage as i will be overseas? both come with a Body Corporate. Will most likely to go for Real Estate to help me rent it out.

3.) As i am going to be working overseas, i wont be paying taxes in OZ. Do i have to look for a property aiming for those 'depreciation costs', where folks will claim it back from taxes. Normally a new property will have a higher 'depreciation costs' than an old property.

4.) any other suburbs to recommend based on my budget which can give better return yields.

5.) any other 'gotcha' which i shall look out for?

Any kind replies will be much appreciated, Ta.

Cheers
    Nit

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.