All Topics / General Property / 2009 Budget & FHBG

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Budget 2009 extends the FHBG, but only just!

FHBG

Profile photo of kn_19_htkn_19_ht
    @kn_19_ht

Hi all,

I was very interested to see what the Budget had in store regarding FHOG etc

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25471426-5012587,00.html

There was such a rush from brokers and real estate agents and new home builders to " get in" before June 30..

what impact would this have on Housing prices? I imagine they would stay the same as they are now, with no real effects? The effects would take place now, after December.

Keen to hear any thoughts on this subject.

Regards,

Profile photo of SHalesSHales
    @shales

Very dissappointed with this part of the budget.  Overall though, I was surprised at how sensible Labor's budget was, not that I agreed with everything they did, but at least it didn't all seem stupid.
    S

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

The amusing one for me is new homes in Victoria will actually not sell until 1 July now. There will be a sudden glut on the market.

VIC government announced an increase in the state top up for new homes from $5k to $11k from 1 July on the assumption that the federal grant would decrease.

Now with the 3 month extension, you get $32k from 1July to 30 Sept. Really good :)

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

$36,500 for regional Victoria.

Profile photo of imcmaughimcmaugh
    @imcmaugh

The problem is that prices will be artificially inflated during this time… no help to anyone.

And I wouldnt be surprised if the VIC government adjusted the grant so that it conincided with the governments scale-back of the FHOG.

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

Vic's SRO have already published the details of the new grants at $32k and $36.5k on their website. No indication of any changes to take place.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.