All Topics / Heads Up! / API magazine?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of karen.karen.
    @karen.

australian property investor – is this magazine any good?  im thinking of getting a subscription cos they dont sell them locally in the country town i live in.

any other magazines you would recommend?

Profile photo of ErikHErikH
    @erikh

I’ve been reading API for a while now, I do enjoy it, but must say that, the more issues I read the less interesting it becomes. Quite a bit of repetition and not a huge amount of new information. If you’re tight on money I’d stick to using the web and getting some classic property investing books (from the library)…

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

I do normally read it for free @ Borders with coffee in Gloria Jeans inside the bookshop

Profile photo of karen.karen.
    @karen.

we have no borders, no bookshops and no gloria jeans haha

Profile photo of rudra_rrudra_r
    Participant
    @rudra_r

I subscribed for the first time last year and I have to admit I've learnt a lot from it. For me its definately worth the subscription and I'll be renewing mine when it comes up again next year.

Rudra

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

I am sure that you can get it from the newsagent????

@karen.

couldnt see it there the other day – but maybe they had just sold out of the current issue.

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

I think it is an excellent magazine.  I have subscribed for about 5 years and it is one of the best educational tools I use.

Yes, some of it is repetitive and some of it is boring.  But I make sure that I read it cover to cover every month.  I often come across situations in my property developing career and then remember "I read about this a few months ago in the API".

Subscribe.  It costs less than $200 per year and is invaluable.

Cheers

K

Profile photo of fishngymfishngym
    @fishngym

Yes, definitely subscribe and claim it on tax. I think it just cost me $89 for a yearly subscription. I seem to get mine a little before the newsagents get theirs.

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

"my property' is also a good mag too. (or is it 'my investment property'?)
    API and it are both a good read, and educational – but as there is such a wide and varied opinion on strategy, products, and 'growth figures' take it in all in with a grain of salt, and dont jump into anything just 'cos you read it in either mag without doing a bit of research / due dilligence yourself.

SUbscription is a good idea.
    All the best.

@karen.

thanks for the advice.  i went back to the newsagent and asked the lady.  they had them not where the other wealth/prop mags were but down on the ledge around the corner …. weird.

but i got one and its a good read.  ill get a subscription.  :)  i guess its just another avenue to get ideas, motivation and inspiration.

thanks again!

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

It is also good for the data on the 8 last back pages for the growth of suburbs in each state of Australia. Sometimes a State may be missed out on the odd month.
    The business mall has a lot of books for sale on the internet   . http://www.businessmall.com.au/

Profile photo of gezzygezzy
    @gezzy
    v8ghia wrote:
    "my property' is also a good mag too. (or is it 'my investment property'?)
    API and it are both a good read, and educational – but as there is such a wide and varied opinion on strategy, products, and 'growth figures' take it in all in with a grain of salt, and dont jump into anything just 'cos you read it in either mag without doing a bit of research / due dilligence yourself.

SUbscription is a good idea.
    All the best.

I think you might be talking about "Your Investment Property". I find it to be a great magazine, especially for someone like myself who is still starting out and trying to gain as much knowledge about property investing as possible.

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

[/quote]
    I think you might be talking about "Your Investment Property". I find it to be a great magazine, especially for someone like myself who is still starting out and trying to gain as much knowledge about property investing as possible.
    [/quote]

Yep Gezzy – youre right — I have'nt bought eitehr mag for the last few issues, but bought the latest 'Your investment property ' today – The cover looked good, and 'Twas a good read from the verandah this arvo!

Cheers 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.