All Topics / Value Adding / purchasing fittings etc online?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of karen.karen.
    @karen.

im researching the costs for the renovations of the house im purchasing.  i live in a very rural town so i buy over the internet for alot of things. 

i was wondering if someone could recommend a great online shop to purchase stuff like light fittings, curtains, door handles, bathroom taps etc?  obviously i want something good quality & hard wearing because the house will be tenanted, but dont want to pay over the top prices.  surely there is a few shops out there that would be cheaper to buy from (even with the postage costs) than if i walk into the bunnings or Mitre10.

i dont mind purchasing from overseas online shops as long as the postage is acceptable and you have had good dealings with them.  word of mouth is the best advertising right!

thanks in advance   :)

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

One quick word of warning with purchasing some fittings from overseas eg tapware, electrical & a few others is that they are governed by Australian Standards and will require local certification to ensure that they are safe (ie will not contaminate water supply, correct voltage and the like).

Not sure about delivery however for a great builders supplier: http://www.hg.com.au/index.php

Depending upon what you are purchasing, postage will be very expensive due to weight considerations.

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster
    Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

if you buy from overseas how will you claim back on tax?

what hourly rate will you be paying yourself for all this work?

how much will you have to pay your accountant to sort out the mess including currency valuations & delivery costs?

trust me, just walk into Bunnings & buy the lot in one go. otherwise it’s a false economy. and if theres no Bunnings around, drive to one….however far it is.

Profile photo of karen.karen.
    @karen.

yeah we've already gone to bunnings and gotten it :)  we happened to be in town last weekend so dropped by

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.