All Topics / Finance / Do the banks still lend 100% to investors?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of MakeJJMakeJJ
    @makejj

Hi,

I know the big banks only lend upto 90% for loans including Westpac recently.  But does this apply for investment properties? 

thanks

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Yes, you can still get 90% and even 95% LVR loans for investment properties.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

You can still get 100% + if you have other security otherwise it is max 95% at the moment.

I heard that a couple of lenders who offer 95% are reviewing policy so would expect a few changes next week to make the majority back to 90%.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of RudigaRudiga
    @rudiga

do you think over time banks will increase back up to 95% and even 100%…..if so when do you guys reckon when?

it must be so hard for a first home buyer now, especially when the grant comes down to $7,000

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

To be honest i cannot see it happening in the near future due to the incredible exposure to high level debt.

In the UK the maximum loan is 85% and in parts of the USA it is down to 70% maximum LVR.

Not only will first home buyers loose the FHOG Boost wef 1.7.09 but requirement now is that they provide 5% genuine savings and this needs to be documentated by bank statements.

Thankfully there are still 1 or 2 lenders who dont require these but the lending landscape is certainly tightening.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.