All Topics / General Property / new to this, can someone take a look

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of bozzaabozzaa
    Participant
    @bozzaa

hi guys, i am new to this, have seen these apartments up for sale on nepean highway frankston, beach frontage, sounds pretty good to me, can i get some opinions,
    thanks

brendan

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=105668822&f=0&p=10&t=res&ty=&fmt=&header=&cc=&c=69196970&s=vic&snf=rbs&tm=1240791935

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

Ah I know the ones – used to be a large motel complex. There seems to have been no action there in developing for a long time.
    They seem good value and probably walking distance to town/train

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

As ex-motel rooms they will most likely be <50m2 which may mean that you will have some difficulty in financing a purchase. Turnover of tenants will be reasonably high and your levies will also be high if there is to be a fulltime concierge onsite/swimming pool/lift etc. This will hammer any returns.

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

it doesn't say if they are serviced apartments?
    You can't really add value, capital gain may be limited and outgoings are often quite high.

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

Ask for Management fee, strata fee etc (big cost)…. and get the gross rental valuation. The nett return may be ~5%.

It may be difficult for re-sale in the future (main concern).

also problem with financing.. but only A$80k …. can pay with cash and park it in DFT

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.