All Topics / Help Needed! / Advice on Buyers Agents and Mortgage Brokers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of apuapu
    Participant
    @apu
    Hi everyone.
    My husband and I want to buy our first IP. I have done some research – including spending a fair bit of time reading the posts on this forum as there seems to be a lot of people with some great knowledge who are willing to share it (thanks!). We live in Melbourne, own our home (with a small mortgage), and want to buy in Victoria, residential and up to $300k.

At this stage we are considering using a buyers agent – reasons being time constraints (2 small children, looking at houses/suburbs, arrghh!), and lack of knowledge/confidence in choosing the right place. I have read older posts on buyers agents and know different people have had good and bad experiences with them.

My first question (probably the first of many), is anyone able to recommend a buyers agent who works in Victoria? And are there any to avoid? Some appear to be very focused in selling their seminars and products which puts me off. We want someone who actually provides all the services that they say they do.

Secondly, can anyone recommend a mortgage broker?

Thanks
    Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Apu

Firstly welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your time with us.

A good buyers agent can be worth their weight in gold and many of my clients use services of such to find and research their properties so money well spent.

With regards to a good mortgage broker remember that most of us are paid a commission from the lender with whom we place the business so it is not a matter of being charged a brokerage fee for service. In fact any broker that charges for a standard investment style loan should be avoid.

In saying this one of the fundamentals in purchasing an investment property is the structure in which the loan is established. This is half the battle to avoid having the securities cross collateralised and the loan working in your favour and not the Banks.

Any idiot can arrange a investment loan but few now how to structure the loan correctly to benefit the customer.

If you want drop us an email certainly happy to give you some suggestions.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of apuapu
    Participant
    @apu

Thanks for that Richard.

That's what concerns me – sorting out the good buyers agents from the not-so-good. So any recommendations from people who have used them before would be great.

Ok I will drop you an email.

Profile photo of apuapu
    Participant
    @apu

Has anyone used wefindhouses as a buyers agent?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Yes Paul is a good operator.

Tell him i said hello.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of apuapu
    Participant
    @apu
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.