All Topics / General Property / When selling; Are real estate agents fees negotiable?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of thekthek
    @thek

I am selling my ip. I am going through a standard real estate agent. Property is in Upwey, Vic.

Are the agents fees negotiable? Or is it more of a set price type thing?

What is a reasonable % fee to be charged on a $350-$375k (expected) property?

Will I also be charged for photography, standard internet advertising etc or is that part of the deal?

thanks

Profile photo of jssmithjssmith
    @jssmith

Hey Thek

Its a catch 22 situation when it comes to agents.

The standard commission for your area would be 3% for a house at $350-$375.
    I have built a couple of homes in that area (The Basin/Croydon) and always find its better to pay for a good agent.
    You really dont know what they can get for your house and if you do find that the sale is not going as well as expected you can
    neg their commission to get the sale over the line.
    ex: If you list and want $350, and they get an offer of $345, tell the agent I will except $345 if you drop your comm.
    With the photos and internet that should be part of the comm price, but you will pay for magazine ads.
    I wouldnt go with someone that offers advertising included, as the ads will be small and not in your best interest, but also dont
    let an agent sell you too much advertising. For a $350 house I would expect $2k max on advertising.

Go and see Adam Flynn , Barry Plant Boronia he is the best to deal with
    [email protected]

cheers
    Jason

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.